Sms text yes yes yes

Spellbound

Ok this works 100 %  I have used it from my PC loads today and have had confirmation from friends in Thailand that they are receiving. (There is a small fee, but the receiver pays that on their bill, (great if you want to wind them up hahahahha)

The website is in THAI, but just follow these instructions:-

Use drop down (left) for first 2 digits.  Enter your name in Box Right.  Enter text in main section. At bottom (Watch counter only 135 characters allowed, including name) To send click button centre bottom.

You will get a confirmation of what was sent.  HAVE FUN

http://www.siamzone.com/mobile/sms.php

Not sure what the fee is, Cant Read Thai very well, but hopefully a Thai will post here the amounts charged.

• 1 year later...

It says that it is free for both the sender and receiver. They promise that they don't keep the numbers or message content.

It works with 70% of AIS and DTAC numbers. 5% of Dpromt one 2 call prepaid numbers. And it doesn't work at all with Orange.

Says that right now the system is overloaded and you can't send anything...

Only one reliable method of sending sms messages to an ais phone...

the phone user has to register to this service by sending a blank message to 900931... (or calling *931, only in Thai).

He will then be asked to enter a password.... you can always check your status and current password by sending a blank message to 900930...

The person wanting to send a message will then have to go to

http://203.170.228.139/gsmweb/

You can then send messages to people who have registered for this service and whose password you know.

This system is used because the receiver of the message will be billed 1 baht for each received message. For this reason (it not being free) the so called free services won't work, they simply get blocked by ais....

The 5% succesrate they give on these sites is because there are people around who registered their mobile for this service without protecting their number with a password...

Monty

Only one reliable method of sending sms messages to an ais phone...

the phone user has to register to this service by sending a blank message to 900931... (or calling *931, only in Thai).

He will then be asked to enter a password.... you can always check your status and current password by sending a blank message to 900930...

The person wanting to send a message will then have to go to

http://203.170.228.139/gsmweb/

You can then send messages to people who have registered for this service and whose password you know.

This system is used because the receiver of the message will be billed 1 baht for each received message. For this reason (it not being free) the so called free services won't work, they simply get blocked by ais....

The 5% succesrate they give on these sites is because there are people around who registered their mobile for this service without protecting their number with a password...

Monty

Thanks for posting this information.

One-2-Call (prepaid) seems to have a lot of hidden (to me anyway) features?

I was wondering if anyone had a list, or a link to a list, that revelaed all about these One-2-Call (AIS) codes (900 XXX)?

How do I change my language prompts from Thai to English?

How do I enable International roaming?

Can I access lower international calling rates by dialing a certain prefix?

Any advice or help is appreciated.

Ais certainly has a very confusing marketing, basically nobody really knows what's available!!

I'm pretty happy with them because it works reliable, and I'm on one of the freedom promo's which gives me all calls at 2.5 baht/minute (everything, mobile's, long distance landlines,...)

probably the cheapest deal around for the postpaid packages :D

Only disadvantage is the airtime you get is only half, like a 300 baht card normally gives you 30 days, I get only 15. But no problem for me as I burn several cards per month :o