Getting 1 Year Non-imm Visa While In Thailandq

Hi,

I am a 34 year British citizen currently volunteerin in Thailand. My current 1 year, category O, non-immigrant visa expires on September 17 and I plan to do a visa run to extend to December. The problem I have is I want to stay here for a further 12 months from December.

Is there anyway I can obtain another 1 year, Cat O, non-imm visa whilst I am here? I hvae a couple of options available to me;

1, my friend (who lives and works in Thailand) may be returning to the UK in October for two weeks and I was planning to give him my passport to obtain a new visa from Hull whilst he is there

2, I have heard the 1 yr visa can be obtained from the Embassy in Singapore or KL, is that correct?

3, I could post my passport to my parents with accompanying paperwork for them to send to Hull, then return the passport to me by post - A little concerned about this though as things do get 'lost' in the post!

If anybody has any idea's of how I can make this work I would be very greatful. Obviously I do not want the added cost of flying back to the UK just to obtain the visa!

Many, many thanks in advance, you could be curing one huge headache for me!

Steve

Hi,

I am a 34 year British citizen currently volunteerin in Thailand. My current 1 year, category O, non-immigrant visa expires on September 17 and I plan to do a visa run to extend to December. The problem I have is I want to stay here for a further 12 months from December.

Is there anyway I can obtain another 1 year, Cat O, non-imm visa whilst I am here? I hvae a couple of options available to me;

1, my friend (who lives and works in Thailand) may be returning to the UK in October for two weeks and I was planning to give him my passport to obtain a new visa from Hull whilst he is there

2, I have heard the 1 yr visa can be obtained from the Embassy in Singapore or KL, is that correct?

3, I could post my passport to my parents with accompanying paperwork for them to send to Hull, then return the passport to me by post - A little concerned about this though as things do get 'lost' in the post!

If anybody has any idea's of how I can make this work I would be very greatful. Obviously I do not want the added cost of flying back to the UK just to obtain the visa!

Many, many thanks in advance, you could be curing one huge headache for me!

Steve

If you use option 1 or 3 you will have a bigger headache as they are both illegal.

If you are doing volunteer work without a work permit, that is also illegal.

You are unlikely to get a Multi Entry Non O Visa in Asia unless you are married to a Thai.

Double entry tourist visas from Vientiane Laos would be your best option.

1. Consulate should not issue a visa with you stamped in Thailand on passport and if they did it would not be valid for entry.

2. No. KL will issue to those married to Thai - not for undocumented reasons.

3. As one above.

If your service is legal and for a recognized organization you should be able to obtain extension of stay for one year. But that would likely require a work permit which you do not mention.

1. Consulate should not issue a visa with you stamped in Thailand on passport and if they did it would not be valid for entry.

3. As one above.

If your service is legal and for a recognized organization you should be able to obtain extension of stay for one year. But that would likely require a work permit which you do not mention.

Do you think it would be best for me to get a Work Visa?

I am not very good with Visa's etc, I find it all very confusing! Is there any way, other than returning to the UK that I can obtain a 1 year visa?

thanks again

3. As one above.

I am not very good with Visa's etc, I find it all very confusing! Is there any way, other than returning to the UK that I can obtain a 1 year visa?

thanks again

It is illegal to work without a Work Permit. You will be deported if found out.

3. As one above.

thanks again

I am only working as a volunteer. i am not being paid and the visa I obtained before I came to thailand was issued by the Thai Consulate in Hull, UK who were made aware of my volunteer work. I sent a letter to them from the volunteer organisation I am with. I want to stay and do one more year's volunteer (unpaid) work with the same organisation.

Can anybody please help me find a way to get another one year non'immigrant, category 'O' visa while I am in Thailand??

3. As one above.

thanks again

I am only working as a volunteer. i am not being paid and the visa I obtained before I came to thailand was issued by the Thai Consulate in Hull, UK who were made aware of my volunteer work. I sent a letter to them from the volunteer organisation I am with. I want to stay and do one more year's volunteer (unpaid) work with the same organisation.

Can anybody please help me find a way to get another one year non'immigrant, category 'O' visa while I am in Thailand??

You still need a work permit.

Steve. If you are willing to risk working without a Work Permit that is entirely up to you. You need one whether you get paid or not.

Your only Visa option would be tourist visas.

Get a double entry from Vientiane. With extensions this would give you 6 months. After which you can do it again.

You can get an Extension of Permission to Stay from immigration if you are doing voluenteer work for a registered charity, etc under National Police Order Section 7.20.

You do need a work permit, even if your work is unpaid.

7.20 In case of there is any necessity to stay for working in any charity organizations, foundation, private foreign organization, association, foreign Chamber of Commerce, the Thai Chamber of Commerce or the Federation of Thai Industries.

Each time of permission shall be granted for a period not exceeding 1 year. But, if there is no affirmation made by the government sector as stated in Item (3), the permission shall be granted or a period not exceeding 90 days.

Criteria (1) Foreigner shall obtains VISA for temporary stay and,

(2) the foreigner is certified and requested to stay by the authorized body or the highest rank officer of the said organization and / or,

(3) The foreigner is certified and requested to stay by the Chief of the related government sector who is ranked from Class 10 or likewise.

List of Documents

1. Application form.

2. Copy of passport of the applicant.

3. Copy of Work Permit.

4. Copy of the approval for set up the official organization, or copy of the approval for entering the Kingdom issued by the related government sectors/ organization.

5. Certified letter and request for stay issued by the organization.

6. Name list of foreigners who are working in the organization.

7. Only for the Item (3), the certified letter and request for stay issued by the Chief the government sector will be required.

If you have two passports you can send one for a visa, it is legal but you must have a valid passport with you here. So if you only have one, don't let it out of your possession. Do the double entry tourist visa, it's not hard.

Passports arriving by Fedex or DHL are stopped at Bangkok. I had to pay a 6,500 'fee' to release my second passport, and that was nothing to do with Thai visa stamps, it was just for work overseas visa (another country).

You can get an Extension of Permission to Stay from immigration if you are doing voluenteer work for a registered charity, etc under National Police Order Section 7.20.

You do need a work permit, even if your work is unpaid.

7.20 In case of there is any necessity to stay for working in any charity organizations, foundation, private foreign organization, association, foreign Chamber of Commerce, the Thai Chamber of Commerce or the Federation of Thai Industries.

Each time of permission shall be granted for a period not exceeding 1 year. But, if there is no affirmation made by the government sector as stated in Item (3), the permission shall be granted or a period not exceeding 90 days.

Criteria (1) Foreigner shall obtains VISA for temporary stay and,

(2) the foreigner is certified and requested to stay by the authorized body or the highest rank officer of the said organization and / or,

(3) The foreigner is certified and requested to stay by the Chief of the related government sector who is ranked from Class 10 or likewise.

List of Documents

1. Application form.

2. Copy of passport of the applicant.

3. Copy of Work Permit.

4. Copy of the approval for set up the official organization, or copy of the approval for entering the Kingdom issued by the related government sectors/ organization.

5. Certified letter and request for stay issued by the organization.

6. Name list of foreigners who are working in the organization.

7. Only for the Item (3), the certified letter and request for stay issued by the Chief the government sector will be required.

re volunteering for an organization, so volunterring if unpaid is not legal while in possension of a 1 year non immigrant visa?

By Thai policy that visa should be invalid as they do not allow issue of a Thai visa by a foreign located Consulate while you are in Thailand. Because you used two passports the Consulate was not aware of your location so issued it. At some point the computers are going to start picking up on dual passports so expect the days of this being possible are limited.