Tired Of 'hotel California' Etc.

alaina

I've seen a few topics with people asking where to find places that play indie music, so figured I'd share the news. Every night they play indie, punk, new wave and alternative (only English language) and they open at 6pm.

White Out is a new pub that opened a month ago in Coco Walk. Coco Walk is almost behind the Rock Pub at Ratchathewi BTS station, exit 4. There are quite a few pubs in a small space there, but this one is on the Northeast corner, straight back from the BTS, the furthest corner from Rock Pub.

So far the food menu is all in Thai and the drinks are only whiskey or beer but the owners are very welcoming of foreigners and happy to meet people with similar musical tastes.

I've seen a few topics with people asking where to find places that play indie music, so figured I'd share the news. Every night they play indie, punk, new wave and alternative (only English language) and they open at 6pm.

White Out is a new pub that opened a month ago in Coco Walk. Coco Walk is almost behind the Rock Pub at Ratchathewi BTS station, exit 4. There are quite a few pubs in a small space there, but this one is on the Northeast corner, straight back from the BTS, the furthest corner from Rock Pub.

So far the food menu is all in Thai and the drinks are only whiskey or beer but the owners are very welcoming of foreigners and happy to meet people with similar musical tastes.

Good news :D

Although I actually like Hotel California, but would really like to know if there's any place that plays funk/disco funk :o:D

Bless you.

I keep telling my friends that the noise they hear coming from bars catering to farangs in Thailand isn't listened to anymore in the countries where the farangs come from. I can show them that farangs are fun!

Now if only they could do this in Phuket. All they have is heavy metal from 25 years ago or brutal techno that only Techno Viking and a katoey can get into.

Went down to Coco Walk last night.

Couldn't hear any indie/alternative music from any of the bars - and there are a few. I'd forgotten to note its exact location, which I now see is the north-east corner, but we had a good wander around.

A few of the units were closed, and unless I'm mistaken I think White Out must have been one of them. :o

Couldn't hear any indie/alternative music from any of the bars - and there are a few. I'd forgotten to note its exact location, which I now see is the north-east corner, but we had a good wander around.

A few of the units were closed, and unless I'm mistaken I think White Out must have been one of them. :o

Well The Tube which is either a similar (or possibly the same) bar is closed on a Sunday.

The Tube - MySpace

Good news :D

Although I actually like Hotel California, but would really like to know if there's any place that plays funk/disco funk :o:D

HUghhhh. Hotel california is the pop world's equivalent of that green musak they play at CD stands in the BTS. I would love to go over and ransack those hideous stalls playing that shit. It reminds me of the book 1984 where they play musak to passify the population to save the cost of a lobotomy.

Bless you.

I keep telling my friends that the noise they hear coming from bars catering to farangs in Thailand isn't listened to anymore in the countries where the farangs come from. I can show them that farangs are fun!

Now if only they could do this in Phuket. All they have is heavy metal from 25 years ago or brutal techno that only Techno Viking and a katoey can get into.

Its not hard to understand that some of the thais might think that all farangs listen to some 25 years ago music though, concidering the fact that a lot of the farang bar owners, 40+, do indeed, themselves enjoy that music.

"I've seen a few topics with people asking where to find places that play indie music, so figured I'd share the news. Every night they play indie, punk, new wave and alternative (only English language) and they open at 6pm.

Well The Tube which is either a similar (or possibly the same) bar is closed on a Sunday. "

I know that The Tube is separate, my understanding of that place (never having been there) was that they weren't playing the same music every night. This place is new. I've been a few times and this place has always been the same... but they are A/C and don't always have speakers out front.

HUghhhh. Hotel california is the pop world's equivalent of that green musak they play at CD stands in the BTS. I would love to go over and ransack those hideous stalls playing that shit. It reminds me of the book 1984 where they play musak to passify the population to save the cost of a lobotomy.

I try and do my part by heckling the bands that play it, Hotel California, that is. Anything from a loud sigh to a primal scream is nearly involuntary upon hearing that song after living here for a while for me.

(Sorry, the quote function was just too much for me today, so this post is a bit sloppy.)

I take offense to this topic and demand it to be close, as Hotel California is one of my favorite songs. :D

Since we cannot listen to it on TV.......I think in the long run.......it's better to take it easy,

have a tequila sunrise, find a witchy woman with no lying eyes, drive down seven bridges road to the last resort, and with no wasted time but a peaceful easy feeling..... just enjoy one of these nights....

take it to the limit, and be a victim of love :o

I take offense to this topic and demand it to be close, as Hotel California is one of my favorite songs. :D

Since we cannot listen to it on TV.......I think in the long run.......it's better to take it easy,

have a tequila sunrise, find a witchy woman with no lying eyes, drive down seven bridges road to the last resort, and with no wasted time but a peaceful easy feeling..... just enjoy one of these nights....

take it to the limit, and be a victim of love :o

Hey, Bergen, shouldn´t you be listening to Mayhem, Immortal and Gorgoroth?