Quickest/cheapest Way To Surin.

withnail

I would like to visit Surin sometime next year and wondered if it was possible to fly there or nearbye and how much this would be.

I did a search and came up with this thread

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...c=4360&hl=surin

Can anyone confirm whether the flight with air andaman exists as their website is under construction.

Thanks.

This is where the problem arises, my GF for some reason has a fear of taking the train. Seems like the best option to me as well as I would rather stick pins in my eyes than take the bus. The other issue is also time, I work so unless I take time off or wait for a long weekend I will only have a couple of days.

You can fly BKK to Buriram (Satuk) any day at around 17:00. One way cost is Bht 1,455.00 by Phuket Airways. Taxi from Buriram airport to Surin is Bht 800.00 (around 70 km).

Andaman ceased their BKK - Surin flights a year ago.

First class rail sleeper to Surin is Bht 960.00, leaves Huala Lumpong at around 22:00 and arrives in Surin 05:00 or thereabouts.

I'm not sure she's ever been on a train at all. I mentioned that I'd asked people about it and they said the train would be better and her reply was "Okay you get the train and I'll get the bus".

Looks like I'll be spanking the monkey the whole way there.