Immigration Procedures

Transportation Disruption & Immigration Question

I usually get a double-entry tourist visa and stay the full 120 days allowed for with two annual back-to-back sixty day stays. This requires close scheduling of the departure date for the first sixty days and the subsequent re-entry date for the second 60-day period. Does anyone know what will happen if my scheduled departure date for the first sixty days is disrupted by the cancellation of flights due to a politically-inspired airport closure resulting in an inadvertent overstay? That is, will I be responsible for the ensuing immigration fines?

I think that would not be a good thing for me, and I can imagine other bad things happening as well. What if the date for the 2nd entry visa expires due to my inability to catch a scheduled departure flight?

Probably the answer to these questions will go along the lines of “tough luck, buddy” or some other such reply, but at least there are, perhaps, some out there who have actually experienced the disruptions, and I figure it won’t hurt for me and others to know in advance what might happen.

Thanks for any information.

You can apply at any immigration office for a 30-day extension of stay. The fee is 1900 Baht.

--

Maestro

Thanks, but I knew that. My question is more towards "Has anyone experienced this yet?"

Walt

Edited by walt

You can apply at any immigration office for a 30-day extension of stay. The fee is 1900 Baht.

--

Maestro

Thanks, but I knew that. My question is more towards "Has anyone experienced this yet?"

Walt

How could anyone have :experienced this yet" when the disruptions you mention have not happend?

TH

--

Maestro

Walt

How could anyone have :experienced this yet" when the disruptions you mention have not happend?

TH

Uhh .... Phuket?