Right Visa, Right Time

Hi,

Been reading and re-reading info on WP and visas and still confused, grateful advice/direction/straight answers please.

SITUATION: British, 46 yo (47 in jan 09), still legally married to UK wife, moved here late 2005, have Thai partner, daughter born here (English language birth certificate with my name as father), rent apartment here, Army 24+ years, monthly pension circa 750 GBP drawn from Channel Islands bank account, no savings in Thai banks, passport valid to 2011, Visa/WP to Apr 09 but contract ended 310808, next stay/address verification due 160908, no intention 2 rtn 2 UK.

QUESTIONS: Have to get new visa and/or extension, what type, what documents, Embassy have to verify what, where in Asia to go, should/can get multiple?

Thai partner family work in gov't, either I'm not making myself clear in my questions or something is getting lost in translation!

Many thanks in anticipation of the mud clearing at least a little!!

"Chalky" :o

Hi,

Been reading and re-reading info on WP and visas and still confused, grateful advice/direction/straight answers please.

SITUATION: British, 46 yo (47 in jan 09), still legally married to UK wife, moved here late 2005, have Thai partner, daughter born here (English language birth certificate with my name as father), rent apartment here, Army 24+ years, monthly pension circa 750 GBP drawn from Channel Islands bank account, no savings in Thai banks, passport valid to 2011, Visa/WP to Apr 09 but contract ended 310808, next stay/address verification due 160908, no intention 2 rtn 2 UK.

QUESTIONS: Have to get new visa and/or extension, what type, what documents, Embassy have to verify what, where in Asia to go, should/can get multiple?

Thai partner family work in gov't, either I'm not making myself clear in my questions or something is getting lost in translation!

Many thanks in anticipation of the mud clearing at least a little!!

Without getting involved in work permits and such.

As a single man the best you will likely get is a 2 entry tourist visa from Vientianne Laos.

Unless you can get another stay based on work.

There is a provision to get a 2 month extension to visit your Thai Child.

At your age with no Thai Wife you really have not got a lot going for you Visa wise.

Sorry

Edited by Lite Beer

From your mention of address reporting you appear to be on a one year extension of stay from Immigration rather than a visa for employment reasons. If that is true it ended the day your employment ended and you are currently on overstay from that date. You should have been provided a letter of employment ending to present to Immigration to cancel your extension of stay on date of work ending.

You can extend a stay one time for 60 days to visit daughter from Immigration.

You can likely obtain non immigrant O visa to visit daughter for 90 days from a Consulate.

You can likely obtain a multi entry version of the above from Hull or another Consulate in the UK or OZ.

Until you are age 50 that is about the only choice you have other than normal tourist visas or visa exempt entry.

Thanks Lite Beer and Lopburi,

All info is useful and many thanks for keeping it relevant.

Despite my missus' family being "in the company", even Jobe's patience would be tested by the amount of times I have had to repeat my situation and still get conflicting/incorrect advice!

Finally got my end of employment letter yesterday which I took to Suan Pluu today so the connecting visa stamp was duly cancelled and I become 'persona non grata' tomorrow.

I could not get a 60 day extension (to 'visit' my daughter) and I declined paying 1900 THB to get a 7 day extension.

Now sourcing my Non Imm 'O' trip to either Vietnam, Singers or KL (and praying my UK divorce gets approved before the next interlude!).

Thanks again and best wishes