Samak Will Announce Resignation Thursday Morning?

george

Rumours spread Samak will announce resignation Thursday morning

BANGKOK: -- Rumours had it throughout the day that Prime Minister Samak Sundaravej was granted an audience with His Majesty the King to inform His Majesty of his intention to resign.

The rumours said Samak had booked time slot of Radio Thailand at 7:30 am to announce his resignation.

-- The Nation 2008-09-03

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope so.

The only thing he has is a big mouth.

He cant control his party, he cant control the people, he can't control the country.

Just a bungling incompetent with a big mouth and f all leadership skills.

What a pathetic excuse for a prime minister.

Truly amazing millions voted for him. I hope they all learned their lesson.

Thai Foreign Minister calls it quits

post-128-1220452278_thumb.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Thai Foreign Minister Tej Bunnag tendered his resignation to Prime Minister Samak Sundaravej as the government faces mounting pressure to resign enmasse amid street protests, a reliable source disclosed on Wednesday.

His departure came a day after the premier declared emergency rule on Tuesday after clashes between his supporters and anti-government protesters killed one man and injured 43.

Citing his ailing wife to tend to for the reason to call it quits, Mr. Tej had tendered his resignation letter to the premier who has yet to officially approve it, the source said.

However, Mr. Tej is not expected to continue work at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs from Thursday, according to the source.

Mr. Tej, a former permanent secretary for foreign affairs, replaced Noppadon Pattama as foreign minister who had been pressed to resign in the wake of the listing of the disputed Preah Vihear temple as a United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO) World Heritage Site.

Mr. Tej held talks with his Cambodian counterpart over the Preah Vihear temple dispute in Siem Reap, Cambodia, one day after he had assumed the ministerial post on July 27.

-- MCOT/TNA 2008-09-03

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Foreign Minister Tej quits

BANGKOK: -- Foreign Minister Tej Bunnag has tendered his resignation from Samak government, just 40 days after taking the office.

His reported resignation came a few days after his secretary, Poksak Nilubon, former ambassador to Sweden, resigned, saying he could not serve Samak Government.

The sources said Tej, former permanent secretary for foreign affairs, reasoned his resignation that his wife, Pensri, is sick.

Tej has been appointed to the position on July 27 particularly to handle the Thai-Cambodia dispute on Preah Vihear Temple.

It is still unclear why he wished to resign.

Tej is scheduled to visit Vietnam on September 10 and Indonesia from September 16 - 18.

Tej, 65, was the second foreign minister, under Samak Government.

-- The Nation 2008-09-03

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thai Foreign Minister resigns

BANGKOK: -- qaThai Foreign Minister Tej Bunnag Wednesday handed his resignation to Prime Minister Samak Sundaravej, The Nation news website reported, quoting a foreign ministry source.

The yet to be confirmed resignation came one day after Prime Minister Samak Sundaravej, embattled with a civil movement led by People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) to topple his administration, declared a state of emergency in Bangkok, following violent clashes broke out between pro- and anti-government protesters.

The Nation report quoted "a senior ranking foreign ministry official, as well as sources in the Government House" as saying that Prime Minister Samak was trying desperately to get Tej to change his mind. He asked Tej to wait at least until the current political crisis passes by.

There was no official confirmation from the government or Foreign Ministry spokesman yet.

-- Xinhua 2008-09-03

I just told the wife about this "news", and she asks why it is not being reported on TV? Then I log on to here and see it is merely a rumor. Passing on rumors this way is not very helpful, in my estimation, anyone can dream up stuff like that. Let's see what happens tomorrow, huh?

I hope so.

He cant control his party, he cant control the people, he can't control the country.

But he was democratically elected and by a sizeable majority. Who is going to want to be PM now, other than an even worse big mouth who can't... etc. The main loser out of this farce will be democracy in Thailand because even with more than half the electorate behind his government Samak can't stay in power, as Thaksin couldn't before him.

I just told the wife about this "news", and she asks why it is not being reported on TV? Then I log on to here and see it is merely a rumor. Passing on rumors this way is not very helpful, in my estimation, anyone can dream up stuff like that. Let's see what happens tomorrow, huh?

samak the bungling fool dreamed up a rumor that he was going to get arrested at the airport once. it never happened of course.

but that was newsworthy enough for the newspapers at least.

its truly amazing people actually votes for this moron. and will probably continute to vote for whoever the next puppet is

I would take anything ripped from The Nation's website with a grain of salt. I worked there for two years after many years as an investigative reporter in the U.S. They're standards for writing articles are quite low. I had many run-ins with reporters trying to write one-source stories based on an interview with an "anonymous" source. The paper is getting worse these days having laid off the majority of its foreign editors and pared down the local staff to a skeleton crew.

samak the bungling fool dreamed up a rumor that he was going to get arrested at the airport once. it never happened of course.

its truly amazing people actually votes for this moron. and will probably continute to vote for whoever the next puppet is

People who vote for the likes of Samak and Thaksin are the uneducated masses and as long as Thailand does nothing to improve the educational system in this country (standards and access to a full 12 years of school), nothing will change. The elite like to keep the upcountry folks dumb to keep them down, but what the elite get in return is the likes of Samak and Thaksin running the country.

I hope so.

But he was democratically elected and by a sizeable majority. Who is going to want to be PM now, other than an even worse big mouth who can't... etc. The main loser out of this farce will be democracy in Thailand because even with more than half the electorate behind his government Samak can't stay in power, as Thaksin couldn't before him.

yes I agree the main loser of this farce will be democracy. Samak, the PPP & coalition and those who voted for him are primarily responsible.

People who vote for the likes of Samak and Thaksin are the uneducated masses and as long as Thailand does nothing to improve the educational system in this country (standards and access to a full 12 years of school), nothing will change. The elite like to keep the upcountry folks dumb to keep them down, but what the elite get in return is the likes of Samak and Thaksin running the country.

ER

To explain this to the "Upcountry Folks" you would need to develop a "Rather Specil Programme"

great news for thailand ,hopefully the damage done will have been minemal ,i for one is relieved....

I am one who is (am) also relieved -- and I can assure you that the damage done is far from being minimal - the ongoing offshoot to this will be felt for months to come and the effect on tourism is already being felt with hotel occupancy rates dropping by more the 30-40% in bkk alone and i just hate to think what the impact will be in the resorts in the south.. there were reports in the Australian press about tourists being assaulted as they tried to access Phuket airport to get their flights whilst trying to bypass the protesters - no way tourists are going to come here and cop this -= aside from the worry about whether there will be flights - cancellations are flooding in as i write for booking made for November thru jan - the peak tourist season - what sort of effect do you think this will have on the local economy - HUGE tourist are already thinking about heading for Vietnam and china

I hope so.

I doubt it, for probably 95% of them politics goes way over their heads they will either vote for the highest bidder or anybody with "robin hood" policies, as they are not direct tax payers who is in government does not affect their day to day lives as such.So this cycle could go on and on.

yes, I agree education is a major key.

ive looked at a few school text books.

the education system seems more concerned with brainwashing than thinking.

great news for thailand ,hopefully the damage done will have been minemal ,i for one is relieved....

I am one who is (am) also relieved -- and I can assure you that the damage done is far from being minimal - the ongoing offshoot to this will be felt for months to come and the effect on tourism is already being felt with hotel occupancy rates dropping by more the 30-40% in bkk alone and i just hate to think what the impact will be in the resorts in the south.. there were reports in the Australian press about tourists being assaulted as they tried to access Phuket airport to get their flights whilst trying to bypass the protesters - no way tourists are going to come here and cop this -= aside from the worry about whether there will be flights - cancellations are flooding in as i write for booking made for November thru jan - the peak tourist season - what sort of effect do you think this will have on the local economy - HUGE tourist are already thinking about heading for Vietnam and china

The Assh-ole who dreamed this situation up is sitting in a luxury residence in London.