Thai fonts in hotmail

simon43

I'm a computer nerd but i'm getting stuck on this problem :o

I use a laptop bought in BKK with a Thai/English keyboard and running XP Thai version. It's all set up to switch between roman and Thai alphabets.

I can send emails in Thai font from my own mail server account (using Outlook Express and sent as unicode), and these can be received by the recipient with the Thai fonts correctly displayed.  But not apparently by Hotmail!

If I send an email to a Hotmail address then the Thai characters become junk.

Since my girlfriend uses Hotmail I'd like to sort out this problem.  Is it Hotmail or is it me??

After opening the email in hotmail, try changing the character coding to Thai View|Encoding in Internet Explorer or View| Character Coding in netscape

I just tried it using netscape 7.0 with an email sent from Eudora using the System font.  

I don't use OE but I think it has a font called system.  It might also work with other Thai fonts, but Eudora only works well in Thai with the system font

• 4 years later...

This thread is 5 years old, so maybe by now somebody knows a solution for this problem. Mail written in Thai sent to my hotmail address becomes junk, is there any trick to make hotmail properly handle Thai fonts? Thanks in advance for useful input.

Edited by keestha