Entry To Singapore - Wanting Longer Than 30 Days

torrenova

I don't want the hassle of going to the border after 30 days on my next visit to Singapore so I want to know if I can get some longer permit or visa.

Also, if available, is it multi entry so that if it was 90 days could I leave after say 40 days and return within the 90 days and use the remaining time ?

I don't want the hassle of going to the border after 30 days on my next visit to Singapore so I want to know if I can get some longer permit or visa.

A quick Google search brought this to my screen:

Getting a Tourist Visa

The applicant is required to have a passport valid for 6 months beyond the stay in Singapore. Visa is issued for the period of 1 month. It can be extended in Singapore to 3 months via the Immigration Department.

--

Maestro

Cheers Maestro but I don't trust non government websites which sell package tours for my visa information.

http://singapore.tourism-asia.net/singapore-visa-rules.html

The problem seems to be that some EU countries get 90 days, the UK gets 30 days and you can extend for another 30 via a website or in person or extend for 60 days if you have a Singapore relative.

However, they say they want flight details but if I fly down on say Air Asia, I might get a one way and if I get a return I can't change the dates easily and I cannot get a 60 day return because the first stamp I get will only be for 30 days.

I was hoping to find like Thailand wherea you can get 30 days at the airport, you could buy a visa good for say 3 months. That information seems quite illusive

What I don't want are issues if I just get a one way (doubt there would be any as UK passport holder) but it would be easier just to get a visa if they have one.

If traveling on Western/Jap passports, don't you automatically get 90-day stay. Unless things have changed in the last couple years, everytime I have entered on a USA passport (without any kind of visa) they stamp me in for 90-day "social/visit pass." Same goes for Malaysia too :o

1. Ask for a longer stay visa before teh immig official at the airport stamps your pport.

2. Failing that go to immig in Spore and apply AND GET an extension.

Or would you like an immig official to make a special visit just for you to your residence??