Need Latest Info On 3 Month Bank Rule - Retirement Extension

In about 6 weeks I should be applying for my yearly extension of stay based on retirement. As the U.S. $ is still low, and I've incurred significant medical bills I will have to borrow some cash to sit in my Thai bank account to add to my retirement income to meet the 800,000. Baht (combined total: income + savings) standard. The cash needed to make up the difference will not have been in the bank for the reported 3 month pre-application period. However, I've heard that at the Immigration Office in Jomtien, if one has had prior extensions of stay on an original retirement visa (I've had 4 extensions), they will grant another extension approval even if the balance is not in the bank for three months prior to applying. Does anyone have any recent, concrete information on this?

Also, is the notorized letter from the U.S. Embassy enough to show as evidence of retirement income, or do I still need to bring in the actual retirement statements?

Thanks for all appropriate replies.

If using a combination of income plus bank deposit. The money does not have to be in the bank for 3 months.

(5) Annual income plus bank

account deposit totaling not less

than Baht 800,000 as of the

filing date of application

The letter from the Embassy is usually enough, but always a good idea to have proof just in case asked.

Edited by Lite Beer

If using a combination of income plus bank deposit. The money does not have to be in the bank for 3 months.

The letter from the Embassy is usually enough, but always a good idea to have proof just in case asked.

Thanks Lite Beer, learned something.

So if I have somewhere $ 100000 invested at fix 8% (exchange rate approx. 30), I get a Income Letter from my Embassy about the THB 240'000 Income and move in the missing THB 560'000 (maybe a little bit more) just one week before my application?

Thanks Lite Beer, learned something.

So if I have somewhere $ 100000 invested at fix 8% (exchange rate approx. 30), I get a Income Letter from my Embassy about the THB 240'000 Income and move in the missing THB 560'000 (maybe a little bit more) just one week before my application?

I cannot see why this would not work. Providing the Embassy will issue you the letter.

But as we all know, different office = different ideas.

Suggest you go and ask them.

They may even let you send over the missing 240,000 Baht and not worry about the 3 months.

Edited by Lite Beer

You need 800,000 for 3 months OR a combination of a letter & some cash. Reread what litebeer said on that topic.

I read Lite Beers quote a dozen times.

The fine line for me is/was that when I combine Income + Money in the Bank one can beat the 3 months, actually according provision (5) the remaining THB 560'000 as per my example would have to be in the bank as of the filing date of application only.

Well, I also know that above is dealt differently from immigration to immigration, and then again above very clearly makes me to understand what I just mentioned.

You need 800,000 for 3 months OR a combination of a letter & some cash. Reread what litebeer said on that topic.

I read Lite Beers quote a dozen times.

The fine line for me is/was that when I combine Income + Money in the Bank one can beat the 3 months, actually according provision (5) the remaining THB 560'000 as per my example would have to be in the bank as of the filing date of application only.

Well, I also know that above is dealt differently from immigration to immigration, and then again above very clearly makes me to understand what I just mentioned.

Thats the official rule.