How Many Of Us Have Luk Krueng Children?

mpdkorat

Children  

152 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder, I know tiger doesn't but do any of those other Luk Kruengs (in groongtheps post) maintain a connection to their thai heritage? Speak the langauge for example.

Tiger Woods has spent gazillions of dollars playing down his Thai heritage to avoid questions like which "hotel" was his mother working at when papa was on R&R etc.

Here is our little angel. No one can pinpoint what she looks more like Thai or Falang she is simply perfect!

post-70854-1226544906_thumb.jpg

I'd say, "she looks like a Falang noi angel". She looks about the same age as our little 13 month. How old is she?

post-51408-1227062134_thumb.jpg

Edited by meandwi

Hello all,

I am a Luk Krueng of a Thai dad and a American mother and just by luck step on such a great forum of people sharing their experiences. I know that the topic started out wanting to gain more knowledge about how Luk Krueng are accepted both in Thai society and aboard and here is my take what my parents had done and what path I am on now.

I was born in the US, move to Thailand when I was two and actually went to a Thai school "satit patumwan". My features are mostly white; I had dark brown hair, light brown eyes and quite tall compare to Thai standards. I spend a total of 14 years in Thailand and I am now studying to be an engineer in the US. To my knowledge, to be able to go to a Thai school might be one of the best thing that ever happen to me. It seems when I compare myself to half-half that was raised aboard, I seems to have a much more appreciation for my own culture. Even at my university where I got in contact with other Luk Krueng, I notice that most of them don't really appreciated the culture that half of their blood is. Some even make fun of how Thais are still less educated, less intelligent and could always be buy with money. For a Luk Krueng that lived in Thailand and still in contact with many fantastic Thai friends, those comments hurt. Right now, have lived almost equality in both country but Thailand is still home to me. From what I can experience as an young Luk Krueng in Thailand has always been positive. Even though the body contact and be a bit annoying but I did landed myself some advertisement jobs. In the US I was treated the same as everybody else with just a bit more question about my background; are you Asian? Are you American?, even Mexican mix???

I am really happy for all of you and I can assure you that being a Luk Krueng is nothing to be worried about. A little advice for that I can give is to make sure your sons and/or daughters know who they are ( Thai +_____) and that they should appreciate what a special person they are and can become.

An old picture of my self

post-71360-1227117006_thumb.jpg

Hello all,

I am a Luk Krueng of a Thai dad and a American mother and just by luck step on such a great forum of people sharing their experiences. I know that the topic started out wanting to gain more knowledge about how Luk Krueng are accepted both in Thai society and aboard and here is my take what my parents had done and what path I am on now.

I was born in the US, move to Thailand when I was two and actually went to a Thai school "satit patumwan". My features are mostly white; I had dark brown hair, light brown eyes and quite tall compare to Thai standards. I spend a total of 14 years in Thailand and I am now studying to be an engineer in the US. To my knowledge, to be able to go to a Thai school might be one of the best thing that ever happen to me. It seems when I compare myself to half-half that was raised aboard, I seems to have a much more appreciation for my own culture. Even at my university where I got in contact with other Luk Krueng, I notice that most of them don't really appreciated the culture that half of their blood is. Some even make fun of how Thais are still less educated, less intelligent and could always be buy with money. For a Luk Krueng that lived in Thailand and still in contact with many fantastic Thai friends, those comments hurt. Right now, have lived almost equality in both country but Thailand is still home to me. From what I can experience as an young Luk Krueng in Thailand has always been positive. Even though the body contact and be a bit annoying but I did landed myself some advertisement jobs. In the US I was treated the same as everybody else with just a bit more question about my background; are you Asian? Are you American?, even Mexican mix???

I am really happy for all of you and I can assure you that being a Luk Krueng is nothing to be worried about. A little advice for that I can give is to make sure your sons and/or daughters know who they are ( Thai +_____) and that they should appreciate what a special person they are and can become.

wow :o so nice of you.

I hope my son will be proud that I'll do my best to give him a great youth.

Here is our little angel. No one can pinpoint what she looks more like Thai or Falang she is simply perfect!

I'd say, "she looks like a Falang noi angel". She looks about the same age as our little 13 month. How old is she?

Yes, she is 13 months old too:) Your little sweetheart looks like she's having fun at the beach, can't wait to do that soon.

Yes, she is 13 months old too:) Your little sweetheart looks like she's having fun at the beach, can't wait to do that soon.

she's lovely, and looks a little bit like my daughter when was that age (who's 22 months now). Does she like playing with water? mine loves the sea and swimming pools

Elizabeth of "Andaman Boat and Camp" in Ao Nang and her husband had a little boy named "Noah" born the same day as our precious "Plum". Was your angel born the same day? October 18th. That would be a coincidence!

Yes Sarge, She loves the water! Especially the sprinklers at the farm. We recently built her a sand box and filled it with beach sand. Now she learning that sand tastes alot different than salt water. Yuk!

Hope you guys don't mined me posting so many pics of her. I am such a proud Daddy. :o

post-51408-1227227934_thumb.jpg

Edited by meandwi

Hello all,

CrazyThaiJ, Thanks for your very moving and enjoyable post. It is great to hear true stories coming straight from the Luke Kruengs about their thoughts and experiences growing up as a mixed race person. As far as what some others may think about you in a negative way, ignore it as some folks can be so ignorant and do not learn until they get older. Some are even jealous so they try to bring you down with words.

I admire you on keeping the Thai culture close to you and you realize that yes you are half Thai. I hope my daughter can feel the same as she gets older. I plan for her to do the same as you did and that's to go to a Thai school and be with the Thai kids as she grows up. I will no doubt do some home schooling as well so that she can get a start on an English education. But I will not do as many foreigners do here and send her to an International school. However when she finishes Thai school here it is very likely she will go to college abroad.

Thanks for sharing a picture of you in your youth, you look very handsome. I am sure you have no problems with gaining the attention of the girls. If possible how about an updated pic of you so we can see how much you may have changed (if any) over the years.

Once again thanks for sharing your great story and good luck in your studies to becoming a successful engineer......

• 3 weeks later...
yes, Thai obsession in touching my daughter really got on my nerves after a while. More than anything else is the light pinching and above all, see total strangers coming to you in the street while one holds the baby in his arms, making a beeline for my daughter touching & pinching her without even having the courtesy to small talk or even acknowledging you with a look. You should see the look of surprise when I show my displeasure at them

Sarge,

I see you and your wife live in Mahasarakam. I was actually born there in 1969. I only lived there a few years, though. The rest of my life was spent between the States and Japan. BUT I remember how backwards Maha used to be. My mom says it's very different now. It should be interesting to see...

About the touching and pinching...funny! It seems to be a Thai way of life. I had to adjust to the touching when I got there and then readjust "out" of it in Japan. I'm Thai but my kids are Luk Krueng and they have never seen Thailand. With 5 LukKrueng kids, I'll bet there'll be quite the stares, though.

I'd love to see your kids' pics, if you have them. Or anything of Maha.

Thanks!

Ok! I will own up - I too have a beautiful Luk Krueng daughter. Now I maybe 60 years old but she makes me feel so young. So wonderful to have such a lovely daughter. And some advance news - our second child is due next April although we do not know yet if we will be blessed with a boy or a girl. I am really enjoying fatherhood the second time around and I have plenty of time to do so too.

post-6507-1228818397_thumb.jpg

I as well am happy to have my daughter of two experience both cultures. I think she looks more like her mother rather than me (big ears and big nose) but she definitely has my eyes (except they are not blue) as the first comment from most that see her say, 'she has big eyes'. She was born with a head of hair to which the doctors exclaimed when she was born. Even at two she is using both the Thai and English language.

Everyone states how beautiful she is and as being her proud parent I have to fully agree. :o When out and about, even at two, everyone has to touch her but I am sure this happens to all lukkrueng babies. If you visit my profile and search you just might happen upon a link to a blog that I created for her. (Makes for an easy way that friends and family back in the USA can see and read on her growing progress without sending a ton of emails and pics.)

It's so interesting having a lukkrueng son (he's 5 1/2 months now). His face is shaped like my Thai wife's, but he has white skin, big oval eyes but with my eye color (light brown), a very small nose and light brown hair. In effect, a true mix. When my wife and I walk through a mall with him it's as though we are rock-stars - everyone has to touch him. It's really cool. I feel so fortunate being here.