How Many Of Us Have Luk Krueng Children?

mpdkorat

Children  

152 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My daughter (sse Avatar) was born shortly after the Tsunami and my wife was asked so many times whose child she was (very white skin, big eyes) that in the end she said she found her on the beach at Phuket and the locals seemed to accept that.

From what I've seen from the photos on this thread luk Krueng's are generally incredibly good looking.

Why do the Thais insist on touching thm all the time, it irritates the heck out of my daughter (who has her mother's temper :o ) Wife said something about it being lucky. Lucky for who?

My daughter (sse Avatar) was born shortly after the Tsunami and my wife was asked so many times whose child she was (very white skin, big eyes) that in the end she said she found her on the beach at Phuket and the locals seemed to accept that.

From what I've seen from the photos on this thread luk Krueng's are generally incredibly good looking.

Why do the Thais insist on touching thm all the time, it irritates the heck out of my daughter (who has her mother's temper :o ) Wife said something about it being lucky. Lucky for who?

I agree about the 'touching so much' as it, at first, annoyed me when a complete stranger had to be touching my daughter.. I then started to say (in Thai, of course) 'Five baht to touch my baby'...... or 'Are your hands clean'...... You should have seen some of the looks of response I received... But now that my daughter is 2 and 1/2 it seems like not as many are wanting to touch her these days. Maybe they are afraid of the Muay Thai she has learned... :D

post-46350-1225720389_thumb.jpg

Edited by dingdongrb

yes, Thai obsession in touching my daughter really got on my nerves after a while. More than anything else is the light pinching and above all, see total strangers coming to you in the street while one holds the baby in his arms, making a beeline for my daughter touching & pinching her without even having the courtesy to small talk or even acknowledging you with a look. You should see the look of surprise when I show my displeasure at them

What a fun thread and wonderful pictures of beautiful children :o

Here's our little "Moo Yong" on his way to visit Grandma for his 1st Birthday:

041708BKKTPESm.jpg

Here's the little guy a couple of weeks ago (1 year and almost 7 months old)

1024MirDam2Zm1.jpg

One Love!

Tony, Nong and Little Mir

0815MirXS.jpg0820MirPetonque1XS.jpg0803MirXS.jpg0903MirXS.jpg0919Mir10XS.jpg

I've got a little different situation. I'm farang and I have an adopted Thai son (100% Thai, and very much a Thai face). He's now in his mid twenties.

Causes no end of surprise and head scratching when he introduces me as his father, and has no hesitation to make this introduction. He's often been asked to explain. He tried when he was younger to explain in detail which mostly caused more confusion and sometimes questions / comments which upset him.

Today his answer is mostly "it would take too long to explain, i'll tell you another time" and he quickly changes the subject. I'm happy with whatever explanation makes him happy.

He's very proud of his very typical farang family name. At university he was told several times by lecturers that farang names are not nice and he should change his name. He would never talk back to a teacher, but he did come home and vent his anger. Only made him more proud of his name.

He's a very humble, very caring young man. He knows he has more opportunity than many of his friends, but he made his own 'policy' when he was very young to never never 'stand out'.

I'm very proud of him.

This is a great reply which encompasses the notion of what 'proudness' should mean. There is a lot of love in the post, and it shows. This man's son will know exactly why his father loves him, and that love reinforces the good character traits which were the source of the father's proudness. Circular, but in a positive way.

There is, however, an undercurrent to the rest of the thread and its posts so subtle that most readers/posters it will pass as 'admiration.' The end result of the ideas/'admirations' expressed is also circular, but in the most negative of ways. Many of the 'positive' 'admirations' are just reinforcement of the opposite, a dangerous thing -- especially when it slips through virtually unknown under the guise of a proud parent. (I use the word "guise" not reflect negatively on the many proud parents on this thread who I'm sure love their children very much - but rather I use the word in reference to the aforementioned undercurrent).

Regardless, I admire scorecard's reply. Not often will I post in reply to threads, but I just wanted to commend scorecard on his being proud of something finally worthy of praise.

Maybe I'm a bit stupid jcon but I have no idea what you are talking about. What makes scorecards proudness of his son more valid (in your eyes) than my pride in my son, for example? (And I appriciate that you may not have been referrign to my post but am using myself/son as an example only)

You make vague references to "undercurrents, guise, dangerous things, negative of ways" but it makes no sense tbh unless you tell us what those supposed undercurrents are. Thanks

Please forgive my social commentary, Boo. I did not make such allegation to the validity/non-validity of your pride vs. scorecard's pride - I choose my words carefully. Undoubtedly you love your son, as much as any and all of the other parents on this forum love their children. I do not question that, nor is that the crux of my commentary.

Scorecard's post just as compared to the other posts just struck me as a commentary of how many people have adopted the (sometimes) backward view of our adoptive culture - the phenotypic outcome of children (luk kreung moreseo I suppose) and the (sometimes) absurd views/opinions of it. Read the previous carefully before any accusation of me calling anybody here 'backward' or 'absurd.'

Alas, lest I be accused (or rather accuse myself) of going on a Jingthing-style rant about society and it's weaknesses, I will concede here and part with my best and most sincere blessing for you and all of the board member's children. In any case, such a subject is one in which I would rather articulate in the spoken word, as I'm a lazy typer (hence jcon: post count 66). If you wish to suss out the particulars of what I was referring to, feel free to PM me with your number and I'll gladly talk it over with you (not sarcasm btw).

I don't mean to derail the thread, and I will not post further out of respect.

With all the landmarks from cover pages that make into history, here is an another pic we have with our child. Where she was and what she was doing when important things were happening.

Now she is 4 1/2, she would be 12 1/2 when Obama leaves the office.

Sorry for introducing some politics here but we feel this was the milestone worth capturing:

obama1.jpg

sorry jcon you still lost me :D

Scorecard's post just as compared to the other posts just struck me as a commentary of how many people have adopted the (sometimes) backward view of our adoptive culture - the phenotypic outcome of children (luk kreung moreseo I suppose) and the (sometimes) absurd views/opinions of it.

I have highlighted your quote above as an example. What exactly are you talking about here?

I have no idea what "backwards views of our adopted culture" are, neither the relevance to "phenotypic outcome of children" has to a thread on Luk krueng kids. I really am not picking on you & am genuinly interested in what you mean but find your post confusing as I am english, live in the UK & unlike others may chose to do have adopted no thai principles or ways, hel_l I don't even cook the food so find your references oblique. :D

But it's ok, you don't need to reply if you don't want to, I just thought I would point out that what you wanted to say really isn't clear (to me) :o

I doubt you would like to call me, thailand to UK is quite expensive :D

With all the landmarks from cover pages that make into history, here is an another pic we have with our child. Where she was and what she was doing when important things were happening.

Sorry for introducing some politics here but we feel this was the milestone worth capturing:

obama1.jpg

Don't you mean 8 1/2 ? :o

Edited by boogie

obama1.jpg

Don't you mean 8 1/2 ? :o

Or, reset to zero?

sorry jcon you still lost me :D
Scorecard's post just as compared to the other posts just struck me as a commentary of how many people have adopted the (sometimes) backward view of our adoptive culture - the phenotypic outcome of children (luk kreung moreseo I suppose) and the (sometimes) absurd views/opinions of it.

I have highlighted your quote above as an example. What exactly are you talking about here?

I have no idea what "backwards views of our adopted culture" are, neither the relevance to "phenotypic outcome of children" has to a thread on Luk krueng kids. I really am not picking on you & am genuinly interested in what you mean but find your post confusing as I am english, live in the UK & unlike others may chose to do have adopted no thai principles or ways, hel_l I don't even cook the food so find your references oblique. :D

But it's ok, you don't need to reply if you don't want to, I just thought I would point out that what you wanted to say really isn't clear (to me) :o

I doubt you would like to call me, thailand to UK is quite expensive :D

Jcon, Don't worry too much about others' comments as I didn't see your post as we other folks who have luk kreung don't love our child any less than scorecard. I am the only one that can truly know how much I love my daughter. (And perhaps her.) In this vast world of ours there are some who do not comprehend things exactly as others do or want. Thus the reason for the word 'opinion' and 'interpretation'. I am not making excuses for Boo as I am sure she can do good for herself. :D I just wanted to let you know I value your opinion as I do many others here on TV. Some I do not always agree with but I try to understand their thoughts to open my world and better myself.

Boo, Using Skype one can make a call from LOS to UK for as little as .02 USD a minute (which I feel is very inexpensive) or even free Skype to Skype.

Actually i think you misread my post there dingdonrb & yes you don't need to make excuses for me. :o

I have been quite clear in my post to jcon, I have no problem with his opinion but don't understand the point he was trying to make & asked him to clarify. Quite simple really. I never said I intepreted his comments to mean there was less love of our kids but he did imply that he placed more validity to scorecards post so I wanted to know why & his explaination as to why wasn't & still isn't clear to me.

I never said I intepreted his comments to mean there was less love of our kids

Quote: "What makes scorecards proudness of his son more valid (in your eyes) than my pride in my son, for example?"

I guess in my misinterpretation of the above I mistook 'love' for 'proudness'....my apology...

..back on topic... a recent pic of my 'princess' (prepared for her 'ab nam') who I truly love and am proud of...

Skype.......(works for me)

post-46350-1226062065_thumb.jpg

Well, I also have no clue what jcon is talking about. I am not here to side with Boo or give her support. I just plainly simply don't understand the message. It may be my limitation, in which case I am not the only one. And again, don't take me wrong, I am not criticizing jcon's post, I just would like to understand it. I won't repeat here Boo's comments, they are basically on the same line.

It's good to another member's child is obsessed with bubbles as much as mine is. And you let her do it in the house?

It's dark and 10C outside (Nagoya, Japan), she tried on the balcony but retreated after few minutes. She practices indoors how to get Japanese boys to run after her bubbles. Or, a sign of leadership potential?

Public playground, children not known from before, mid October:

bubble1.jpg

What a beautiful bunch of children, of course, all children are beautiful. I have a two month old daughter, mother is Thai. I think there is much positive in Thai culture that I hope my daughter can emulate as she grows. Because I am an older father (58), I hope that I live long enough to help her grow and am there for her when she needs me.

For now I am putting together a nest egg for her higher education, is she decides to go that route.

Curiously, the reaction from my family and friends back in the US was very subdued and in some cases non-existant. Led me to ponder the different attitude that they have in US to a man have a child late in life. Seems that the acceptance in the East in higher, what do those of you in similar situation think? Have you noticed anything in that regard? How did it affect you?

Anyway, it is great to see and hear how the older ones in this post have turned out.

post-42328-1226296103_thumb.jpg

you people arent serious about your kids becoming starlets right?

i didn't read any posts about people wanting their kids to be starlets. i have read posts from proud parents (myself included) who are wanting to share their photos and experiences with others who have mixed children as well.

MikeSR, all your posts are meant to provoke and I have yet to read anything constructive from you. When you grow up one day and have children of your own then perhaps you will also be able to share the overwhelming joy that many here have, and perhaps then your own children will be starlets in your own eyes.

good luck to you on the road to adulthood.

edit: here is a recent photo of my own little starlet.

post-34900-1226316113_thumb.jpg

Edited by mrt273nva

you people arent serious about your kids becoming starlets right?

I sure am. I am banking on it. I have sold my house and all my assets in the USA, cashed in my stocks and 401. And I have even quit my job so that my 2 1/2 year daughter can go to acting school, take modeling lessons, and start to have cosmetic surgery already to prep her. Man, I sure hope she makes it soon or else I'll be out on the streets hoping to get a handout from you..... :o