Southern And Morchit Bus-station

Finlaco

Nope, if you go there in person there is plenty of English language signs around on each ticket booth, etc and people to help though. I generally dont book in advance in case things change, I know it can be a pain as you probably want to know times, etc beforehand. I take a trip down the day before to check out times if I am in Bangkok but if you're going somewhere 'big' then buses will be frequent, might not need the pre-trip, will always be buses 7, 8, 9am, etc for instance

That site used to have an English section but it was dropped quite a few months ago. Note that the English seciton was actually pretty limited and somewhat out of date re: pricing. You can hover on the various links and notice they are in English so you can manuever somewhat. Once you get to the schedules/prices those are in Thai and English.

Example: http://www.transport.co.th/999_timebusnortheast48.asp

I did see a link a while ago mentioning the ability to book and/or pay for long distance bus services on-line but haven't followed up on it.

I've asked quite a few times about buying tickets at locations other than Mo Chit or Sai Tai Mai, in person, but haven't found any other options. It is a pain because I like to book the 999/VIP bus well ahead of time which means a trip to Mo Chit to buy the ticket, which adds 150 THB (BTS/motorcy) to the cost of the ticket.

• 2 weeks later...