Is It Safe To Visit Bangkon Now?

nickiat

Sorry for your misfortune... Good reminder to be cautious... 24/7.. even in BKK....

yes, I have no recollection of the whole day due I suppose to a hard blow to the head but I was just talking to the hotel staff and it seems it happened about 10am as I was going or returning from breakfast so I wasnt drunk and it was a public area, there must be witnesses like the kind person who put some band aid on some of the cuts, got me beat

yes, I have no recollection of the whole day due I suppose to a hard blow to the head but I was just talking to the hotel staff and it seems it happened about 10am as I was going or returning from breakfast so I wasnt drunk and it was a public area, there must be witnesses like the kind person who put some band aid on some of the cuts, got me beat

Must be more to the story. a foreigner to receive a beating at 10am in the morning for no reason at all on sukhumvit road at that time...is quite frankly unheard of. You must have upset someone very very badly for them to risk such an attack. I have never heard of such a mugging attempt for a bit of cash and visa card at the busiest time of the day on sukhumvit.

Hope you are feeling better tho.

Edited by dekka007

Hi all...

I am planning to visit bangkok on 18th SEP, but am a bit worried due to all the negative reports these few days on the demo.

For you guys staying in bangkok, kindly advise the real situation there...media is not trustworthy all the time...

Thks in advance

Nick

Beware of soi dogs, pollution, noise and smiling Thais!

Must be more to the story. a foreigner to receive a beating at 10am in the morning for no reason at all on sukhumvit road at that time...is quite frankly unheard of. You must have upset someone very very badly for them to risk such an attack. I have never heard of such a mugging attempt for a bit of cash and visa card at the busiest time of the day on sukhumvit.

Someone once attempted to mug my girlfriend at Nana BTS at around 10am. Luckily she held onto her laptop bag long enough for assailant to give up and flee. One of the many reasons I moved away from that area - don't want to go down for beating him into a pulp should she ever point him out!

Surprising they left your phone - normally that's the first to go! One friend had 3 phones stolen in a year - he even took to adding velcro to all his pant pockets!

Getting back on topic, apparently many tourists are going to the demonstrations to take photos and buy the T-shirts, so no worries from the PAD side. Even when their colleagues blocked the airports I didn't read about any violence (not counting property damage). I'd stay well away from any pro-government groups though - they always seem to be violent. I drive past PAD's demonstration site frequently and never any problems except sometimes police cars blocking one lane.

Hope you are feeling better tho.

cheers, I think what happened was my drink was drugged, then I guess I was taken to an atm machine and when I didnt give the number or they realized there was no money in it they punched me in the face and kicked me a few times, maybe by that time it attracted attention and they left before they got to the phone, probably was unconcious by then, someone bandaged me up a bit and I guess helped me back to my room where I slept for over 24 hours, not my usual sukhumvit road experience but it was a good sleep altho they seemed to fracture one of my ribs which is not so good, still alive anyway, so something to watch out for in the outdoor bars at round nana, people are getting a little more desperate with the lack of customers I think