Olives Olives Olives

aircut

They had a very tasty selection (I think also for sale in the attached deli) at Olive, a Med. themed restaurant in Central World.

Thanks I will check these places when I am in town.

In the mean time I take commercial canned olives and add garlic, coriander seeds, homemade pickled lemon, dry chillies and let it sit together for couple of weeks. its my only way around :-)

so if you are coming to visit me. olives. bring me olives LOL

• 1 year later...

Dear All,

Sorry for digging up an old thread.

I am looking for a supplier/distributor in BKK for fresh olives (Italian, Spanish etc). Fresh is the key here: think an olive worthy for a great Martini.

Thanks in advance.

Doro

They had a very tasty selection (I think also for sale in the attached deli) at Olive, a Med. themed restaurant in Central World.

Thanks I will check these places when I am in town.

In the mean time I take commercial canned olives and add garlic, coriander seeds, homemade pickled lemon, dry chillies and let it sit together for couple of weeks. its my only way around :-)

so if you are coming to visit me. olives. bring me olives LOL

Olive & Kebab is now bottling it's own imported Greek olives. They offer two varieties, Kalamata and a green variety whose name I can't recall. the Kalamatas are large and delicious. A small jar costs around 145 baht. Not cheap but they're the best olives I've yet found for sale to the public in Bangkok.

O&K has branches in All Seasons Place (next to Tops), on Sukhumvit Rd (btw soi 31 and 33), CentralWorld and Emporium.

Great!

Will check it out. The Kalmatas are black in color, correct?

Thanks for your help.

Doro

Olive & Kebab is now bottling it's own imported Greek olives. They offer two varieties, Kalamata and a green variety whose name I can't recall. the Kalamatas are large and delicious. A small jar costs around 145 baht. Not cheap but they're the best olives I've yet found for sale to the public in Bangkok.

O&K has branches in All Seasons Place (next to Tops), on Sukhumvit Rd (btw soi 31 and 33), CentralWorld and Emporium.

Great!

Will check it out. The Kalmatas are black in color, correct?

Thanks for your help.

Doro

Black / dark brown depending on their ripeness. Black one's seem more firm to me at least.

I bought a small tub of kalamatas at a restaurant supply store in the US.  It is only about 2 or 3 liters, but it is to big for anywhere in my refrigerator unless I lie it down.  Do olives need to be kept cold?  I see them in tubs in stores, but how long is their shelf life?

check out arab shops for olives (i.e., lower sukhumvit)...I've never looked meself in BKK but in the Middle East any deli counter in any supermarket has a massive selection...

the brine used with arab olives is too salty for my taste but the texture and variety can't be beat...