Good Cd Shops

xilverxurfer

Hi

I just moved to Chiang Mai and I would like to know where I can find a good CD shop here. I am looking looking out for Metallica's new album that would be out 12 Sept, Slipknot's new cd and also Disturbed's Indestructable. I want to get the ORIGINAL CDs and not those copied ones or mp3s that goes for 100baht.

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks for reading

Xilverxurfer

Edited by xilverxurfer

There is a store next to Baskin Robins in the basement of Airport Plaza and very close to the aquarium, that sells if not original then really well packaged copies of DVDs and I think they may have music. Worth a try. I got the 5 CD set of BBC's Planet Earth beautifully packaged with English/Thai sound and subtitles for 900 baht using a 10% discount card they sell you for 100 baht. It looks like a properly licensed product to me and at about 200 baht a disk, a real bargain.

Thanks for reply. I'd go check it out at Central Airport Plaza then. Otherwise Amazon really might have to be the way to go. I do wonder if I'd get taxed or problems if I bring in those CDs though. Perhaps another option might be from Bangkok?? Perhaps they might get it imported there??? Sorry I am quite new to Thailand. Still a bit lost.

Thanks

Thanks for reply. I'd go check it out at Central Airport Plaza then. Otherwise Amazon really might have to be the way to go. I do wonder if I'd get taxed or problems if I bring in those CDs though. Perhaps another option might be from Bangkok?? Perhaps they might get it imported there??? Sorry I am quite new to Thailand. Still a bit lost.

Thanks

Indeed you would be charged duty on CD's imported by way of Amazon.com. My friend just received 10 very used CD's as a gift from the USA and was charged 2,000 Baht duty. I suspect you will also find non-original CD's sold in Bangkok.

For real DVD's there is a guy who has a big shop inside the Night Bazaar with excellent inventory. I think he only sells original licensed DVD's. Obviously, they cost much more than the 100 Baht copies.

For real DVD's there is a guy who has a big shop inside the Night Bazaar with excellent inventory. I think he only sells original licensed DVD's. Obviously, they cost much more than the 100 Baht copies.

Hard to imagine how he can make a living there since it's mainly for tourists who are simply cruising for the cheapies and you pretty much have to have walked past dozens of pirate stalls to reach it.

Hi

Even in Bangkok , there is no decent CD shops, save a very small shop in Paragon but with limited choice .

I use eBay almost exclusively, and I have never paid a single baht for duty for the hundred or so CD's and SACD's I have received here in Chiangmai. I maybe should try Amazon, I have just ordered a book, if it arrives alright it may be another option.

Phil