Prospective Spouse Visa To Australia

Hey everyone,

so my partner has been staying in Aus now with me for 6 months on a tourist visa - we are engaged and are applying for a prospective spouse visa. She's flying back to Bangkok next week (hope its relatively safe there at the moment).

Main question is ...what payments do they accept in Thailand at the Aussi embassy....if I provide my credit card details in the payment section of the application form - can they use this or do they need cash?

I'm heading over to Thailand in November, planning to stay for about 5 months...but if we get our application form filled out correctly and provide good evidence of everything - how long should it roughly take (keeping in mind there is no-one else migrating with her)?? Ive heard 2-5months - just so I know how long to plan for.

Also, does the fact that she has been living with me for the last half year provide sufficient evidence that we are together? I have printed off some photos too and I will throw these in. Just need to get letter from officiator at planned wedding to back it up a bit more. It seems rather easy; in comparison to what people say on this site - I mean, i guess if everything is legit then most people shouldn't have any problems.

Hey Mate,

They can use your credit card details just by writing them on the form or you can pay by credit card at the Australian Embassy and they will just give you a receipt to provide with the application,

For a fiance visa you don't need to prove any relationship exists just that you have met the applicant at least once and plan to get married.

Hey Mate,

They can use your credit card details just by writing them on the form or you can pay by credit card at the Australian Embassy and they will just give you a receipt to provide with the application,

For a fiance visa you don't need to prove any relationship exists just that you have met the applicant at least once and plan to get married.

nonsense, I did apply for a fiance' visa you need to prove you have an relation ship for at least 6 month not just met ones! You have to have pictures,letters and even statements of friends and family to prove that. And it took me more than 6 month to get the visa aproved. And I had to pay cash at the embassy. I must say this was 5 years ago and things might have changed a bit but I still would keep every correspondens even all e-mails and most of all pictures with with family and friends.

Hey Mate,

nonsense, I did apply for a fiance' visa you need to prove you have an relation ship for at least 6 month not just met ones! You have to have pictures,letters and even statements of friends and family to prove that. And it took me more than 6 month to get the visa aproved. And I had to pay cash at the embassy. I must say this was 5 years ago and things might have changed a bit but I still would keep every correspondens even all e-mails and most of all pictures with with family and friends.

It's not nonsense at all it's written on the IMMI website if you care to look,

Relationship

You must have met (as adults) your intended spouse in person and know him or her personally. This must be the case even if:

it is an arranged marriage

you and your sponsor met as children and the marriage was arranged before you turned 18 years of age

you met on the internet (exchanging photographs is not evidence of having met in person).

There is also a space on the applicants form for the credit card details to be filled in or as I did just went to the departments main office on Lonsdale Street and paid by credit card and was provided with 2 receipts one pink for the BKK embassy and the other was white for myself to keep, IMMI are quite strict on not accepting cash as payment.

Hey Mate,

sorry about the word nonsense I am not saying I don't agree with you as I said my case was 5 years ago even so I could prove I met my fiance' many times,proving all my travel details and accommodations I still had to supply all the photos I had and statements of family and friends that we are a couple.

It's not nonsense at all it's written on the IMMI website if you care to look,

Relationship

You must have met (as adults) your intended spouse in person and know him or her personally. This must be the case even if:

it is an arranged marriage

you and your sponsor met as children and the marriage was arranged before you turned 18 years of age

you met on the internet (exchanging photographs is not evidence of having met in person).

There is also a space on the applicants form for the credit card details to be filled in or as I did just went to the departments main office on Lonsdale Street and paid by credit card and was provided with 2 receipts one pink for the BKK embassy and the other was white for myself to keep, IMMI are quite strict on not accepting cash as payment.

Main question is ...what payments do they accept in Thailand at the Aussi embassy....if I provide my credit card details in the payment section of the application form - can they use this or do they need cash?

Cash only, on the spot. In THB.

Yes I was asked to pay cash, no credit cards or cheques accepted but things might have changed as I said

Cash only, on the spot. In THB.

Yes I was asked to pay cash, no credit cards or cheques accepted but things might have changed as I said

My experience is 2 months old.

Oz Embassy officers have computer screens that function as cash registers. THB in, whatever the change is - comes out, in THB.

I paid for my wifes spouse visa application at a Dept of Immi office here in Oz prior to going over there in Feb to submit the application. I found through a friend who was also applying for his wife, but in Thailand and paid at the VAC that it was cheaper to pay here in Oz than in BKK. The exchange rate they use at the VAC is lower than the actual official rate, therefore costing you more. The amount he was charge turned out to be about 6000 baht more.

In Australia you can pay by cash in AUD or use a credit card. In Thailand you can pay by cash in THB or use a bank cheque from eg the Bangkok Bank. The FX rate can be calculated from the DIAC website and is generally connected to the selling rate for THB, ie, buy AUD sell THB. It is more cost effective to pay the fees in Australia at a DIAC office, but if you are in Thailand you can not do that.