How Safe Is Thailand Now?

ThaiEye

My parents having been ringing me up repeatedy from the UK asking whether i had been shot or lynched yet - ok, perhaps that a bit of a slight exaggeration but they are real worried. I try to explain to them that i feel perfectly safe but they seem to believe everything that they hear down the local social club on how dangerous countries like Thailand.

In regards to the latest situation in Thailand, how safe would you say Thailand is? Look forward to reading your responses and i'll send my parents the link here. It will be good for them to read the opinions of others in Thailand and especially Bangkok.

Thailand as is safe now as it has been since the New Year's bombings - which also fortunately turned out to be a one-off event. As long as you avoid the areas where the demonstrations take place, you will have no problem.

Thailand in general is safer than most countries, provided you don't do things you wouldn't do back home.

My parents having been ringing me up repeatedy from the UK asking whether i had been shot or lynched yet - ok, perhaps that a bit of a slight exaggeration but they are real worried. I try to explain to them that i feel perfectly safe but they seem to believe everything that they hear down the local social club on how dangerous countries like Thailand.

I've found that most people living back where I come from are laced deeply with fears. They don't know that. The media plays a big role in shocking them too.

Try to be reasonable, after all it is your mother and father. They worry allot about you. If it would do any good then just tell them not to worry because you are in LOS.

My sister is one of them with unreasonable fears. On top of that she is a control freak. Anything to get me back home where it is even more dangerous than here and I hardly ever will see her unless she has the time once a year or so.

Those deep fears inside people are ugly to see. But what can you do?

I had my own fears about coming to Thailand before I came here. They all turned out to be crap programed into my head throughout life.

Thailand is rather peaceful on the whole. I like it a bit too much.

But anything could happen anywhere in the world.

So just be careful and enjoy your time here.