Puppy Looking For A Home

Wizzard of Oz

4 months ago, I got a puppy, with the intention of doing what it takes to take care of her, but over that time have tried hard but found out that it is just too much for me. I think she is lonely when i don't play with her at least a few hours total throughout each day which seems a long time each day (I would be if I was her), and getting another dog to be with her when I'm not with here just seems insane to me (tho a friend recommended I consider getting a chicken for her as a friend lol)

Anyway, info about her

- Her name is Sam and she is a golden retriever.

- she is now 5.5 months old and the cutest puppy in the whole world, but quite plump as I have exercised her very little the last 2 months

- she is from a breeder and has good structure (her uncle is a champion show dog)

- she has had all her shots

- has had training, but I haven't continued with it, but I can show you how to train her as part of your daily walks if you like and it will make living with her much easier and more fun

She is active and assertive, so if you are interested, you need to have time to exercise her every day.

You also need an area for her to run around outside.

If you are interested and can take care and love her, send me a PM. I can send you a picture also.

She likes to have her belly rubbed and she loves attention, so if you leave some cloth/towel/clothing lying around on the floor, she will pick it up and run a few feet, look back with the cutest little face saying 'come and chase me so we can play' look.

If you do take her, then you can also have for free a little trailer/trolley that you can attach to the back of a bike to take her places that I bought a while ago.

You can also have a cage, but she hates being in there, and should only be used while you clean the area that she normally runs around in, because she is really really unhappy in there.

Had I known I wouldn't be able to take care of her fully, I obviously wouldn't have gotten her, but realizing that now, I just want to find someone that will be happy with her. Also, please don't turn this into some thread about your own agenda to only buy rehabilitated soi dogs or 'think it through first' stuff. This thread is for the purpose of finding a way for Sam to be happy, and it will be very difficult if you post a whole lot of forum clutter which will shut down this thread. So if you have nothing constructive in regards to finding sam a new home, can you do me and Sam a favor and just close this web page before posting.

I haven't posted a picture because she is so cute that you will fall in love with he just seeing her. I prefer you can think with your head if you can really take care of her before thinking with your heart.

Anyway, I think that's about it.

Send me a PM for more information.

Cheers.

I'm sorry that it didn't work out with Sam.

If she's the Sam I know, I would like to add that Sam is a pretty smart pup with quite a confident mind and very well trainable. She loved to do activities together and to learn new tricks. This, however, also means that she is quickly bored. And a bored dog will try to entertain itself through activities that are not always the owner's favorites.

I wish you good luck in finding a wonderful home for Sam, WoO. You will miss her, though. :o

Nienke

• 2 weeks later...
I'm sorry that it didn't work out with Sam.

If she's the Sam I know, I would like to add that Sam is a pretty smart pup with quite a confident mind and very well trainable. She loved to do activities together and to learn new tricks. This, however, also means that she is quickly bored. And a bored dog will try to entertain itself through activities that are not always the owner's favorites.

I wish you good luck in finding a wonderful home for Sam, WoO. You will miss her, though. :o

Nienke

Yes it is the Sam you know. I'm also sorry it didn't work out and already miss more than I can put into words, but at her new home she has other dogs and people around her most of the time as well as a bigger area to play and run.

I took in a dog off of the street one time that was absolutely perfect, until we realized that she couldn't stand to be alone

- ever. If I went to the store for 10 minutes she would scratch all the paint off the door and start eating books.

Luckily we heard about a Thai woman Monk who lived out in the boonies and wanted a pet.

They have lived together happily ever after. :o