Dengue Fever Epidemic In Chiang Mai?

GUANO

Is there preventative you can take for Dengue like Malaria.

No.

It is caused by mossies in the daytime, so very difficult to protect against. Prayer works as well as anything. :D

Well I still got it :o But I got sponge bathed by two cute nurses, so maybe I was praying for something different? :D

As long as I've lived in Thailand and in SE Asia I think I have only ever seen a for real, live, all singing all dancing Dengue type mosquito once and that was in Phuket a few ago. Up until that point I had seen loads of mosquitoes but I had also read that the Dengue mosquito is striped and I thought to myself, heck, all the mossies I've ever seen have been so small I can't imagine ever trying to tell if one had stripes or not - maybe this is just me and after all, my eyesight is not truly brilliant. But a few weeks ago whilst watching the surfing contest I felt something on my arm and looked down to see a huge, very clearly striped mossie and I swear I have never seen anything that size before. I therefore wonder how many people can put honestly and truthfully put hand on heart and say they have seen a a clearly identifiable striped mossie such as the one I saw. Just knowing about them and having heard about them doesn't count!

I therefore wonder how many people can put honestly and truthfully put hand on heart and say they have seen a a clearly identifiable striped mossie such as the one I saw. Just knowing about them and having heard about them doesn't count!

Splatted plenty of them on myself in my garden - and my pondfish love 'em.

As long as I've lived in Thailand and in SE Asia I think I have only ever seen a for real, live, all singing all dancing Dengue type mosquito once and that was in Phuket a few ago. Up until that point I had seen loads of mosquitoes but I had also read that the Dengue mosquito is striped and I thought to myself, heck, all the mossies I've ever seen have been so small I can't imagine ever trying to tell if one had stripes or not - maybe this is just me and after all, my eyesight is not truly brilliant. But a few weeks ago whilst watching the surfing contest I felt something on my arm and looked down to see a huge, very clearly striped mossie and I swear I have never seen anything that size before. I therefore wonder how many people can put honestly and truthfully put hand on heart and say they have seen a a clearly identifiable striped mossie such as the one I saw. Just knowing about them and having heard about them doesn't count!

I can put my hand firmly on my heart and tell you that I see these stripey blighters every day - they fly up the drainpipe and find their way into my bathroom. They're a good deal more common than your once in a lifetime sighting would suggest.

Hrm maybe i should of bought the extra heavy duty Bushmans rather then the normal (keeps bugs away)...

For those too worried about it.... Vitamin B is supposed to keep mozzies away... Dunno about your mutant huge stripey ones, but they say if you can stomach a tablespoon of Vegemite, the little buggers wont go near you..

i had some myself this year and i live to tell that it is no laughing matter.i thought it was a bad flue and took some aspirin which is about the worst thing you can do since it keeps the blot from clotting and dengue dramatically reduces the platelet count in your blood.that is why it is also called hemorrhaging fever.you can die from an internal bleeding just by knocking into something. it also came with an ugly red rash all allover the body.ultimately i checked myself into ram for a couple of days (20 000bt) and the iv's worked wonder. before that i went to loi kroh clinic and was given the proper diagnosis ,medication, and was told to drink a gallon of water a day.but i simply couldn't drink or eat anything at all.i never even noticed a mosquito bite...