Thai Politics

pab

May I start by stating that I have lived in Thailand for quite a few years, love the place and have absolutely no political ties in this or any other country.

Today 6 people returned to our village in NE Thailand after spending about 1 month in Bangkok for work - this is a regular occurance in order to supplement their income requirements after the rice planting season has been completed.

Whilst they were there they were offerred 500 baht/day plus free meals to attend rallies against the government (about double what they would get from their normal work on the building sites). This was increased to 800 baht/day if, instead of just passively being there in the grounds of government house, they would be more active/vocal especially in the presence of any TV cameras.

Isn't this the same mob who is critical of the current government re vote buying practices ?

In our neck of the woods every political party is guilty of paying for votes and I am surer we are not an isolated example. What a farce !!! What a joke !! We can easily say TIT but sadly corruption is alive and well in so many aspects of life here.

Please provide necessary evidence (if available) and write to editor of bangkokpost and nation paper plus other media in order to have this story followed up....would be interesting to see this on news including statements of workers on camera....

Please provide necessary evidence (if available) and write to editor of bangkokpost and nation paper plus other media in order to have this story followed up....would be interesting to see this on news including statements of workers on camera....

Now at a funeral. Will talk to the guys and see whats possible when we get back to the village tomorrow - no high hopes for "real evidence" but will do my best.

Now at a funeral. Will talk to the guys and see whats possible when we get back to the village tomorrow - no high hopes for "real evidence" but will do my best.

Perhaps in liew of real evidence you could pay them to speak up?

:o

Does "Pab" have the resources to extract the anti PAD data from these villians. Sounds to me like it's gonna cost a minimum of B1500 for three stories without pictures and another B2400 baht for stories with pictures ("in the presence of any TV cameras").

However, best we keep this quiet, H90, Hammer and Tony Clifton would get very upset if this was found to be true. PAD doesn't do stuff like this. They have principles, most of them comming from Sonthi L. Clean white skin educated Thai with worldly knowledge, pure at heart................. and a business to run........ !!

Edited by jayjayjayjay

Does "Pab" have the resources to extract the anti PAD data from these villians. Sounds to me like it's gonna cost a minimum of B1500 for three stories without pictures and another B2400 baht for stories with pictures ("in the presence of any TV cameras").

However, best we keep this quiet, H90, Hammer and Tony Clifton would get very upset if this was found to be true. PAD doesn't do stuff like this. They have principles, most of them comming from Sonthi L. Clean white skin educated Thai with worldly knowledge, pure at heart................. and a business to run........ !!

It is more likely they are working for the UDP. The PAD is almost entirely Bangkokians. Can you tell me which province, and I'll tell you who is paying them.

Similar to the pro Thaksin crowd camped in Jatujact.

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but I don't know if it's the same thing, paying people to attend a rally and paying people for their vote.

In general, I think there is a 'mob mentality'. The bus, van, pickup, party....whatever...with the most people, rules.

It's certainly all very confusing. Here in Samut Prakan, some neighbours say that at work they've been offered 500 baht/day to join the PAD, and others have been offered 500-800 baht to join pro-government demonstrations. I think it depends on who owns the company.

Today 6 people returned to our village in NE Thailand after spending about 1 month in Bangkok for work - this is a regular occurance in order to supplement their income requirements after the rice planting season has been completed.

Whilst they were there they were offerred 500 baht/day plus free meals to attend rallies against the government (about double what they would get from their normal work on the building sites). This was increased to 800 baht/day if, instead of just passively being there in the grounds of government house, they would be more active/vocal especially in the presence of any TV cameras.

I don't believe a word of this, for if it were true, there would be 15 million north-easterners descending upon Bangkok. What sane Isan farmer in his right mind is gonna turn down the opportunity of 5-800 baht a day to wear a yellow shirt, sit down and shout every now and then - beats working the farm for 100 baht a day. Just another tall exaggerated story about the current situation here.

Edited by ThaiEye

Yeah, Yesterday I posted a question asking if anyone knew exactly what was going on with the whole Political situation, cause I have been away for a while, and my post was mysteriously deleted.

I guess we're not suppose to ask those kinds of questions around here or something.

:o

So I have been doing a little in depth research on all of it, and I am Learning that Thai Politics is like trying to unravel a ball of Spaggetti. It's a mess no matter which way you look at it.

For example, who wrote the Article in the Thai Constitution that states it is illegal for a Politician to host a TV Show?

How does that affect his ability to do the Job Correctly?

Even if I didn't like the Guy very much, I still would not write a Law in the Consititution like that.

Nominees for President here in the US appear on Talk shows all the time, so the public can get to know them better.

I think that is a good thing, not a bad thing. How does Censoring a Prime Minister out of sight equate to "Freedom"? That's just one point I don't understand.

Then recently they just passed another Law that says you can not use the Image of the Buddha with any Commerical Advertisements? What if you are advertising a Temple or Buddhist Related Service? What if you just want to pay Homage to Buddha? And does that mean that all the Colleges in Thailand will also have to Remove their Affiliation with Christianity as well? Or does these new Laws just intend to Bias Thailand towards Christianity, by allowing Christians to Advertise using the Cross such as many of the Colleges in Thailand do (A College IS a Commercial Business) while suppressing anything related to Buddhism? Is THAT the Goal of the new administration? To Supress Buddhism in general? Do you think that is Fair?

Thai Politics is interesting to study, and ponder the Logic and Movitations behind it all. Who is all of this going to benifit in the Long Run?

Buddhism Deals with Compassion and Understanding, Christianity Bases itself on Hatred and Contempt of all others.

Maybe this is why they need to pass Laws to keep Buddhist Images out of Sight while allowing the Promotion of Christian images?

Things that make ya go Hmmm.

:D

I don't believe a word of this, for if it were true, there would be 15 million north-easterners descending upon Bangkok. What sane Isan farmer in his right mind is gonna turn down the opportunity of 5-800 baht a day to wear a yellow shirt, sit down and shout every now and then - beats working the farm for 100 baht a day. Just another tall exaggerated story about the current situation here.

Here in Isaan farmers will go to Bangkok to support the PPP if they get paid 500B.

NONE will go for the same amount to support the PAD.

Probably will need to install double pricing to get the job done :o ,say for 5k baht you might find some farmers willing to go?