Second Lost Us Passport

Well, I came to the sickening realization today that i must have lost my passport on the way from the airport back to my home in BKK. I am on a multiple entry student visa, valid till Jan. 2009. This is (sadly) the second passport I have lost in 3 years in BKK.

Anyone that has been to the US Embassy knows they are not the friendliest bunch. Will I be put through a terrible interrogation of some sort? anyone who has or knows of a similar experience offer any advice?

Thanks in advance.

Well, I came to the sickening realization today that i must have lost my passport on the way from the airport back to my home in BKK. I am on a multiple entry student visa, valid till Jan. 2009. This is (sadly) the second passport I have lost in 3 years in BKK.

Anyone that has been to the US Embassy knows they are not the friendliest bunch. Will I be put through a terrible interrogation of some sort? anyone who has or knows of a similar experience offer any advice?

Thanks in advance.

Hmmm, ungood. But might as well bight the bullet, make the police report, and hasten on down to the ACS office at the Embassy and fess up. Gotta do it sometime and sooner is better than later.

Still, three years is a long time back so perhaps no problem.

Unfriendly? I've not really found that to be so.

Hey, I once had two U.S. passports stolen at the same time, on official the other one tourist. Someone swiped my briefcase out of my car. Hit the embassy the next day to make the report, not a problem, was issued a temp tourist passport on the spot, extended later.

Mac

Thanks for the quick reply. I will get down there on monday, as I am busy till then. What are the chances of getting my multiple entry visa renewed? Does the embassy supply some sort of letter for immigration? If I don't get another visa I will have to go to a consulate etc etc. which sucks.

Thanks for the quick reply. I will get down there on monday, as I am busy till then. What are the chances of getting my multiple entry visa renewed? Does the embassy supply some sort of letter for immigration? If I don't get another visa I will have to go to a consulate etc etc. which sucks.

My passport has the following note under important information.

“The loss, theft or destruction of this passport must be immediately reported to the passport office in your state or, if overseas the nearest XXXXXXX Embassy, High Commission or Consulate”

I assume your passport has something similar written in it. It’s possible the delay in reporting the loss may not be appreciated by your embassy.

There’s also a very remote possibility someone has handed your passport to the embassy and the embassy is waiting for you to contact them.

WOW...mostly likey the most important document you will ever have, and you are too busy to report it....based on this statement and the fact you have already lost a second passport, suggests to me you are rather irresponsible...leave it too long and dont think the boys at the embassy will be too impressed, but seeing as we are in Thailand...up to you...