Tint The Windows?

canopy

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You will need some tinting in this climate. I think ours is about 50% (40 or 60% I don't remember). Great in the daytime and keeps the car much cooler (car is silver so that helps too). Helps to hide the falang too! Not so many stares..

The main problem is at night time when I really would like better vision at the sides. Our front windscreen tinting is not so dark, but have the dark strip across the top and that helps at sunrise and sunset.

40% is enough the wife has 60 on her car ,i cant see out at night ,have to open the windows

And that is the big problem! So keep the tint down to about 40%, or there abouts, otherwise night driving is made very dangerous.

Other than trying to conceal WHO is driving from the outside world, I can't see what the point is of having a higher level of tint.

Tinting make driving at night harder, but I always ask myself 'Why would people not tint their windows in Thailand?'. Personally, I love the privacy and smile when I can see into other people's cars. In the day-time sun, tinting provides brilliant protection from UV and heat - it turns my car into a giant pair of sunglasses and makes me feels happier about the world - do they make rose-coloured tints? I might get some of those....

dont know about roses.. but as said,daytime GREAT! night time- dangerous .

our car 60% dark.

what made me angry is when we bought the car and got free tints from a shop the company work with,I asked for a less dark tints.answer: no have. only 2 kinds they showed me. very very dark. and very dark.

I told them its really not good for me and I want the lighter ones..they said no have!!

asked them.are you sure?I really think its not good for me.

3 days later I saw its really dangerous as I needed to open the window at night time to feel safer,see better.

went back to the shop and ask about it.

WOW!surprise! have!!! but need to add money that its not a problem for me but was so angry they lied as they should have offered me these for extra money when I asked them!

so I asked them,why you lied when I just bought the car?I could have add money for these..maybe even less??or same?Left angry and did it in another shop.

Thats why you'll see many cars with very very dark tints,because the car companies give the cheapest tints which of course not safety at all!! be carefull !!

For me safety on the roads is 100% #1 priority. When I got my truck it had a dark strip across the top of the windshield. Fine for a Thai but for a 6' 1" farang it was right in my line of vision. Daytime okay but a distraction, night time it was downright dangerous. Next day I had it removed.

For me 0% tinting of all windows is all I will accept. Even the side windows should be clear, even slight amount of tinting reduces visibility which is important when pulling out of a side road especially at night. The heat can be combatted by the a/c and screen shields for when parked up. I don't much care who can see in, if all they have to do in their lives is peer into other people's cars then they have a problem.

More than 60% i guite dangerous in the night. But the problem are the cops. If they see farang, they will stop and ask you foe money. but with a dark film cops not regonize you, or maybe to late when you passed them already.

If you want to avoid being stopped by the BIB, tinting is a must. When I lived in BKK I was continually stopped and harassed by cops when I had no tinting on my car. Ever since then I have gone for tinting and have never been stopped - not once in either BKK or Pattaya. If you drive a reasonably new, up market vehicle, they can't see who is inside and leave you alone - you might be someone with influence. :o

My beamer is tinted - I don't know the %, but you can't see in, and I can see fine at night. Not only have the cops never stopped me during my 5,000 kms of travel in Pattaya, BKK and up country on red plates for the past 3 months, but 95% of drivers get out of the way when they see me coming, which they never used to do when I drove a Fortuner.

Only in Thailand :D

For me safety on the roads is 100% #1 priority. When I got my truck it had a dark strip across the top of the windshield. Fine for a Thai but for a 6' 1" farang it was right in my line of vision. Daytime okay but a distraction, night time it was downright dangerous. Next day I had it removed.

For me 0% tinting of all windows is all I will accept. Even the side windows should be clear, even slight amount of tinting reduces visibility which is important when pulling out of a side road especially at night. The heat can be combatted by the a/c and screen shields for when parked up. I don't much care who can see in, if all they have to do in their lives is peer into other people's cars then they have a problem.

If you want to avoid being stopped by the BIB, tinting is a must

i was stopped once in samui and told that my 60% windscreen tinting was illegal , and should get it removed. no fine or hassle though.

i like the privacy i get with it , but night driving on unlit roads needs caution , on urban roads with street lighting no real problem.

i didnt ask for 60% tinting , i just asked for tinting , but thats what they put on. i should have been more specific and asked more questions at the time.

If you want to avoid being stopped by the BIB, tinting is a must

i was stopped once in samui and told that my 60% windscreen tinting was illegal , and should get it removed. no fine or hassle though.

i like the privacy i get with it , but night driving on unlit roads needs caution , on urban roads with street lighting no real problem.

i didnt ask for 60% tinting , i just asked for tinting , but thats what they put on. i should have been more specific and asked more questions at the time.

In Phuket police don't really care....I use 75% on my cars.