Bangkok Jazz Festival 08

jkinbkk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm going to very discreetly bump this thread, and hope I haven't broken any rules, because I've been waiting for info ever since my last post. Yesh, I have lived in Bkk and know this is how they do things -- they probably won't announce until November 18 or something, and true to the Thai spirit, I'll still get to book everything in time -- but my life is kinda tied up by this right now, because I want to be at the event. No big ticket purchases on my credit card, in case I need it for hotel and air ticket, you know the drill. :o

If anyone's heard anything, please share, rumors or complaints are also welcome *puppy eyes while sipping green Fanta*

• 2 weeks later...

Back for another update (sort of!). Bangkok has disappeared from the list of gigs on Michael Franks' website.

I think I'm suspecting the festival won't be on this year, because I googled very hard, and last year's festival was announced some time between late october and early november. If they're doing it in late December, last year's time frame (ticket sale starts 5 weeks ahead?) means we can wait for another week or two... but it's just looking a bit weird.

I grew up in BKK listening to Michael Franks on the radio, so I'll have to go to one of his Japanese gigs next year. As for BKK, the funds are available and I miss Paragon's supermarket like hel_l right now, but I can't seem to decide yet. :o

Nothing on Heinekin Thailand web site calender for December, which is not a good sign as they are usually the biggest sponsor. :o

If it's happenig it should also be listed on TAT's website for December (it was last year); but I can't get to their calender page.

Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope that they're just being slow.

(About the Michael Frank's web site dates mentioned above -- earlier in the year I was checking Mike Stern's web page as he was suppsoed to be appearing at the Hua Hin festival. The dates -- and the location -- of his Thailand appearance kept changing but they eventually got it right. He came to Hua Hin and put on a fantastic show. So, there's still hope for Michael Franks (maybe))

I sent a query off to bangkokjungle.com and here is the somewhat enigmatic response I got.

Those of you asking about the 2008 Bangkok Jazz Festival will be amused to know that it’s to be held in the usual location but in March 2009. Our mainstream Thai media entertainment spies say it’s then or not at all and the names invited may not be as bright and shining as years gone by. More when we have it.

http://www.bangkokjungle.com/news/2008-ban...-jazz-festival/

Doesn't look real good...

Wonder what happened.

I sent a query off to bangkokjungle.com and here is the somewhat enigmatic response I got.

Those of you asking about the 2008 Bangkok Jazz Festival will be amused to know that it’s to be held in the usual location but in March 2009. Our mainstream Thai media entertainment spies say it’s then or not at all and the names invited may not be as bright and shining as years gone by. More when we have it.

http://www.bangkokjungle.com/news/2008-ban...-jazz-festival/

Doesn't look real good...

Wonder what happened.

Hmm, i wonder too...