Central Plaza Chiang Rai

konjianghai

How do you feel about this? Good or bad? I was surprise about this.

Any of you saw any commercial board display in town? They will be finish over 2 years or so. I guess not big as the article i read stated the building will have 3 levels.

:o at one point am happy we will get more shopping choice but on the other hand its kinda of sad to know CR is changing.

P.S Almost forget...

20-21 September they will held a racing event at old airport.

20/09/2008 from 8.00-16.00 (test drive in the afternoon).

21/09/2008 from 8.00-17.00 (race) include a gig show.

Edited by konjianghai

A Central complex in C.Rai is needed about as much as another place with blasting music and endless displays of things to buy that no one but 15 year old girls might think they need.

buy buy buy! Everything's plastic or knock-off flashy latter-day tinsel. If it's remotely edible it's crammed with sugar, saturated oil (trans-fats), and/or salt and MSG. Oh, and don't forget the 497 varieties of whitening cream and other vanity products that don't work. Will it ever be possible for Thai women to revert back to appreciating their natural beauty and skin tone?

Burma and Laos and Cambodia aren't yet as consumer-crazed as Thailand. That's why it's a relief to step outside the borders once in awhile.

What do you mean by Central plaza? Do you mean the HaYaak? Where the king Mengrai statute is? If so I'll take a look there today.

Its a mall. http://www.central.co.th/index_en.html

They gonna build a new branch in Chiang Rai and Chiang Mai altough Chiang Mai already have Central which is Kard Suankaew and Central Airport Plaza, they already bough the land.

The building site is opposite Big C so you might know where to look for.

Edited by konjianghai

A Central complex in C.Rai is needed about as much as another place with blasting music and endless displays of things to buy that no one but 15 year old girls might think they need.

buy buy buy! Everything's plastic or knock-off flashy latter-day tinsel. If it's remotely edible it's crammed with sugar, saturated oil (trans-fats), and/or salt and MSG. Oh, and don't forget the 497 varieties of whitening cream and other vanity products that don't work. Will it ever be possible for Thai women to revert back to appreciating their natural beauty and skin tone?

Burma and Laos and Cambodia aren't yet as consumer-crazed as Thailand. That's why it's a relief to step outside the borders once in awhile.

Thought you would like a western movie theater like Major...yeah they might come with Central Plaza.

In the future Laos and Cambodia will become just like Thailand. Believe me :o

Edited by konjianghai

Last year I added a topic about the possibility of a Robinsons in Chiang Rai. The dad of one of my students had heard some info about it from the planning dept. Where did you see the article about a Plaza? When is it due to be built?

I agree all those hoardings are horrible!