Dalat..vietnam

chuang

It about 30km to town, and a taxi was VND 60,000 (USD 4.00) last year but I expect prizes to have gone up quite bit since. I never took the bus (actually never even saw one) so can't help with that.

Edited by hanno

It about 30km to town, and a taxi was VND 60,000 (USD 4.00) last year but I expect prizes to have gone up quite bit since. I never took the bus (actually never even saw one) so can't help with that.

Thanks hanno, probably my friend was conned he paid more than USD20 recently....

Thanks hanno, probably my friend was conned he paid more than USD20 recently....

I know you're an expat and have experience (probably like your friend) but,

there are 2 ways to pay too much for a taxi from the airport:

1. negotiate a fee instead of using the meter, and

2. taking a cab that has a rigged meter. Many cabs in Vietnam have rigged meters, which are rigged to click too fast. There have been article in the newspaper about this and at times, uncover cops try to find them, and bust them.

uncover cops try to find them, and bust them.

Not entirely true. Yes, there have been plenty of articles in the papers, but what has been done? Nothing!

Anyway, USD 20.00 wasn't a meter spinning too fast, that was a blatant rip-off. Hanoi Airport to the City is less than USD 10.00 and that is waaaayyyyy out.