Spouse Visa For Young Man

i want to take my thai wife back to the uk , im 22 ive been studying for the last 3 years (degree in computers) ive taken a year out to come spend time with my wife i want to take her to the uk so we can both work my dad is going to sponsor us ie we live with him etc and he shows bank statements ive heard some statement saying you need no help from public funds but my dad is not public hes my family.Also i can easily get employment once we go to the uk. :o my wife intends to work too it states you need to support her for 2 years or more every guy i see take lady back has little or no money ie they drive a cab or work in a factory i am confused really reply :D

i want to take my thai wife back to the uk , im 22 ive been studying for the last 3 years (degree in computers) ive taken a year out to come spend time with my wife i want to take her to the uk so we can both work my dad is going to sponsor us ie we live with him etc and he shows bank statements ive heard some statement saying you need no help from public funds but my dad is not public hes my family.Also i can easily get employment once we go to the uk. :o my wife intends to work too it states you need to support her for 2 years or more every guy i see take lady back has little or no money ie they drive a cab or work in a factory i am confused really reply :D

So, with one breath you state that you're relying on your dad to support yourself and your wife and with another you look down on anyone who works in a factory or drives a cab to support their family. At the same time you have the cheek to ask people on here for help, some of whom may drive a cab or work in a factory.

Don't you think it might be wiser to (a) get a job, or at least an offer or a job before applying for the visa, and (b ) show a bit of respect to people who are actually providing money for their family. You're 22, seem to have a big chip on your shoulder and a bad attitude to people who may not have the education or opportunities that you have. I have a masters degree and a good job, so by your way of thinking I can look down on you, but I don't and I certainly don't look down on people who work hard to provide for their family. Grow up and have a bit of respect.

Have you registered your marriage officially? As stated in a link provided by Vinny, you may have problems relying on 3rd party financial support for the application. Better to rely on your dad for the accomodation and get yourself a job offer and some of your own finances to support the financial requirements.

Edited by CharlieB

I usually just read through the posts on this forum and only occasionally post, however this post made my blood boil.

Firstly, you say you have a degree? It would be interesting to see your written work because your punctuation and grammar is junior school level at best.

You come on this forum asking for help, then you have the balls to belittle people who actually go out and work for a living. The reason the taxi drivers and factory workers can get a visa for their partner is because they go out and work for a living and don't rely on daddy.

Oh and Mr Educated, just for your information, Public funding is money given from tax revenue or other governmental sources to an individual.

i can use grammar, if and when needed, it just angers me that young people are not given a fair chance.As for you having a degree well thats very well. I didnt mean to cause offense in my post,im just stressed out.As for relying on daddy where where you when you were 22?

How about cutting the kid some slack? I too have seen some of the low life's that manage to bring back their lady's, when they can only just manage to scrape two pennies together (I wouldn't call taxi drivers and factory workers low life's though, these people actually get up and go to work, nothing low life about that at all, and yes I know you didn't call them low life's, but reading between the lines......... For the most part they are hard working people just doing what they have to do to provide for the family. You implied the wrong thing about the wrong people there).

Anyway, as someone else said, you would be better off getting yourself an income and some sort of financial security before you set yourself up as a provider.....

Oh and by the way, when I was 22 I had already paid off the mortgage on the two bed apartment I lived in, and was working at paying off a three bed, end of terrace, and a cosy two bed bungalow, both of which I was renting to tenants. :o

Edited by solent01