Amazing Race Asia Series 3

jeffer

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I looooooooove THE AMAZING RACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ----------my favorite tv show

I don't know anything about the "asia series" but in the US here we will be airing on Sept 28 - one week right after Survivor

It will be THE AMAZING RACE ---season 13, here in the US

Hope U will have fun too!! - yippeeee :o

I came in when they were just finishing eating the fried bugs at a food stall.

Wasn't sure where any of the teams were from. A couple obviously were Indian.

Looked like a lot of fun. Eat some bugs, wash a bus, snooze for a bit. Race a dune buggy (or pound rice), dash off to the pit stop.

Some happy people, some whiners. I was surprised the (Indian ?) couple came in last. I would have thought the rather large woman and her considerably smaller (Chinese ?) lady friend would have done much worse. Especially after they gave up on the pounding rice task and went to the dune buggy task instead.

Any ways. I hope to catch the next episode (what day is it on ?).

And the prize money of USD100,000 vs USD1m for the US version is insulting.

Perhaps thats why they can't get "normal" Thai contestants,season1 two falangs/season2 one fairly high profile Thai/falang actress one falang/ season three didn't see the preview show but there must be falang mixed in there somewhere, who when the've just won a stack of dosh throw a wobbley? I can only think of four reasons normal Thais Don't make it -

1 They would not be able to read the clues in english

2 If they can read english the series would be finshed before they could decide what to do

3 If they could do 1&2 when they got to countries where they stop for red lights or drive on the right they would continualy crash the hire cars

4 USD 100,000 is not enough of an inducment to miss all the Thai soaps :o

Yes and the pay they offered for local helpers wasn't real flash either! they were in chiang mai a few months back and advertised beforehand, originally offering 1,000 baht for translator/guides to accompany each couple. My wife applied as she thought it might be fun, and was accepted. Then they dropped it to 800 baht, and for which they wanted fluent English speakers who had to attend a session the night before filming plus accompany their alloted couple all day plus provide a uniform of sorts plus ? (oh, i can't remember the rest). In the end not worth the bother.

i love the show. the thai actress and her buddy dont look like they will go too far.....shes a bit too much of a princess.

the two models from thailand will have an advantage on some tasks as they have such long legs! haha.

i think the hong kong boys may give everyone a good run for their money.

and i looooove the show.

I love the Amazing Race. It is my favorite series on tv. I am watching Amazing Race Asia now, and the Thai his-so actress/model (Mai) has to go and go fast. She is such a characture of the hi-so spoiled brat. I can't believe her partner is putting up with her.

THe Malaysian actress and her socialite friend have to go, too, but the other teams seem OK. The Thai Miss Universe team seem OK--they don't seem to take themselves seriously.

There don't seem to be many "normal" people playing. The Philippines team includes a Miss Phillippines who was dating the Surivor Philippine host. The Korean team are well-known sportscasters. Another team is a pair of well-known comedians.

As an aside, the host, Allan, is a carbon copy of the US host, Phil. He looks and acts like Phil's long-lost Asian brother (Phil is sort of blonde, which makes the fact that they are exactly alike even more weird.)

The Thai team with the self proclaimed 'princess' makes me cringe! CRINGE!!! Carry my bag...slow down...it's dirty... They were the only team that needed rubber gloves to pound the rice to keep them from getting dirty and blisters!!! (never done manual labor) Then after the other team HANDED them the win, the little whining girl went OFF in the worst representation of Thailand and Thai women I have ever seen!!!

At the beginning of the show I thought the beauty queens from Thailand would be a joke, but they were on par and represented well - INHALED the bugs!!!

Of course, no one that isn't connected in some way could ever be on that show. Not exactly a reality show...

Love the show - U.S. version! Was so excited when I first heard a couple of years ago that they would have Asian edition! It's horrible! Teams give up too easily...tasks are not as hard and I'm sorry but I hate, hate, hate the Thai teams! I want real people, and I don't believe that no normal working middle class people did not apply. The Thai actress Mai is is doing just that...acting. None of what she says rings through! But I keep watching...like watching a trainwreck! Can't turn away!

Ok...the host is cute! ha ha..but I still like the U.S. version better!!

8pm on my TV

You need to adjust all your clocks forward one hour, ever wondered why you always turn up late for appointments?

Vietnam next. I saw three of the teams running through HCMC whilst having coffee in the Caravelle hotel in May.

Reckon the other Malaysian team (brother and sister) will win it.

And the prize money of USD100,000 vs USD1m for the US version is insulting.

Nar its relevant :o

U mean it's all "relative"(chaimai) to the sponsors money, that is

US has bigger sponsors - more money VS in asia

PS: And why are U up this late at night,---oh wait it's morning now, isn't it?....writing the poem again? :D

Maybe part of the reason why the US version seems more exciting is that they are using non-actors/famous people whose true personality comes out during the race. The bickering, the laughing, the tears all come together for an exciting show.

Could be an Asian thing where the audience prefers seeing 'stars' on TV rather than everyday folks. I know this is true in Japan where game shows tend to prefer 'stars' as contestants and regular folks are regulated to the audience.

Personally - I like the US version of The Amazing Race. Plenty of spicy excitement when teams meltdown.

In one episode, a team took a fast forward and the lady ended up getting her head shaved :D Could anyone here actually imagine one of the people on the Asian version actually doing this? Especially a women? A guy maybe... but a woman? No way Jose... but I hope I am wrong. Would love to see a bald headed babe. :o

Anyway, for those who need their fix...

www. surfthechannel.com/show/television/The_Amazing_Race.html

The USD 100k vs 1MIL is not really relevant as the US Market, combined with global distribution, produces tons of cash-o-la.

TheWalkingMan

In one episode, a team took a fast forward and the lady ended up getting her head shaved :o

TheWalkingMan

Oh I remember that episode very well, it's "Joice" who got her head shaved---the black couple

I just couldn't go through it myself, nooooo waaaay!!! :D

I find the Asian version of Amazing Race so inferior to the original US one that I can't even watch it.

Inferior to the American version, yes, for many of the reasons posted above. But still better than much of the claptrap shown on True.

The US version starts up next week. I have it being recorded on my tivo there so I can watch it here via slingbox.

that thai 'actress' is terrible. what a snotty nosed princess she is.

i know the couple that represented thailand in the first series (english couple from ko samui) but not sure if they would have got in through connections or not. unfortunately the show painted them in a terrible light.

one thing that i loved seeing was one of the akha girls i know from khao san rd on the telly!

I LOATH Amazing "hand pick bullcrap celebrity" Race Asia. My wife and I spent hours on the 7 page application and the video that you must send in to Singapore, to be selected as a contestant. We would have kicked azz. Now honestly, not being picked (not even for the inital cut) would have upset me anyway. However, not nearly to the extreme that it dose knowing that unlike their superior American counterpart, they HAND PICK CELEBRITIES! and the THOUSANDS of people who spent time and money on the applications where totally shafted from the very F'ing beginning. They should have just said "Thai applicants need not apply we are picking Russians and celebrities to represent your country" I am seriously considering going to Singapore just to pimp smack the producer in person.