Amazing Race Asia Series 3

jeffer

I loved tonight's show... It's a race, we are in first place, why don't we go sleep for 8 hours....

Brilliant

The Thai teams are killing me... Paradorn should get out while he still has a chance and Mai..Mai..Mai... :o

I agree with you 75%.

But Palin has shown herself to be a decent-enough person who understood what she was signing up for and is in it to do well. She must have been kicking herself over her choice of a partner, though. What a loser that girl is.

And Mai? Well, I really don't have enough derogatory words to describe that bimbo.

She's a friend of my wifes, i've been out with her a few times..she's a nice girl in real life.

You shouldn't get so worked up over someones tv persona.

"Worked up" is putting rather too much emphasis on it. I dislike the girl and hope others do better, but I am hardly in a lather over it.

I also have aquaintances who are rather nice and pleasant when we are out in a social setting, but whom I know are rather asses when dealing with workers or others supposedly below their station. Mai may be a doll in a social setting, but her actions and words, even if edited (which of course they were) are indicative of a prima donna bitch.  And since I am not going to be seeing the "nice" side of her anytime soon, I will root for the others based on what I do see.

I do see Paradorn on occasion, but I never realized that Natalie was his wife.  (Goes to show how on-the-ball I can be.)  I hope she is with him next time I see him, and I would love to get her whiny take on what "really" happened.

With Natalie gone, I must admit, however, that Geoff is now next on my wish list to go, even before Mai. What a class A jerk.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone watching it? What did you think of the teams from Thailand?

That Canadian import, Miss Natalie aka Miss Universe (whatever year) is a real piece of work. She's that lazy I feel sorry for Paradon, he probably cleans and cooks for himself.............

and to Kiakaka, you might find her a nice girl in public, but it is under pressure situations like this that you find out who has real character. I agree with others here that Palin deserves a better partner than this..... BTW, this all comes from my Thai gf who was once a Natalie fan, not anymore.

Edited by jayjayjayjay

Anyone watching it? What did you think of the teams from Thailand?

That Canadian import, Miss Natalie aka Miss Universe (whatever year) is a real piece of work. She's that lazy I feel sorry for Paradon, he probably cleans and cooks for himself.............

and to Kiakaka, you might find her a nice girl in public, but it is under pressure situations like this that you find out who has real character. I agree with others here that Palin deserves a better partner than this..... BTW, this all comes from my Thai gf who was once a Natalie fan, not anymore.

She is a disgrace and another reason why I married a Thai and not a CDN woman.

Pailin, and Tisha, are lovely. very patient, long-suffering, respectful, genuinely nice.. thanks to their partners, the miss universe, and that black spiderman/@***ole, both ladies' beautiful characters were put on the spotlight.

what if, natalie and geoff were paired together? :o

Edited by ai kwaan

Pailin, and Tisha, are lovely. very patient, long-suffering, respectful, genuinely nice.. thanks to their partners, the miss universe, and that black spiderman/@***ole, both ladies' beautiful characters were put on the spotlight.

what if, natalie and geoff were paired together? :o

Wow!  Actually, I would love to see that. Like the Titanic going down!

Watching it you have to wonder if all of the racers had ever seen TAR before, some seem so unprepared for the type of challengers they face.

When Natalie referred to sleeping at Suvarnabhumi as "her darkest hour" it told you her days were numbered. When Pailin was trying to change tyres, a 5 year old child would have been of more help than Natalie was. You really get the impression that Natalie has had a pretty pampered life and has never had to do much for herself in the real world. It's no wonder there are all the rumours about her marriage if she is the same away from the cameras.

As for Mai, I couldn't believe how a Thai could be bawling their eyes out over putting some chickens in a basket. I guess it's lucky they didn't have to chop their heads off. crying.gif

Pailin looked good, cool under pressure, just got on with things instead of complaining, great girl, and with a better partner she'd be a potential winner.

• 2 weeks later...

I avoid "reality shows" like the plague. Some of the horrible "contestants" on those progs would suck Satan's scaly pecker just for a fleeting glimpse of fame. If they were "eliminated" with a nail-studded baseball bat, it might just be worth watching.

How cheap are those shows to produce? When the viewers themselves provide the mostly unwitting, un-paid "entertainment" that millions tune in to, they are a television exec's dream. :o

i was very happy to see mai and her friend kicked off last week.

I wasn't happy to see them go and I am glad to see Mai and Oliver not quit until eliminated. This is in direct contrast to Natalie and her unforgeable whining. She took the 4 hour penalty on the very first task she had to do without Pailin's support.

Before this season started, the advertisements billed this one as being the toughest one yet. They hinted about mountain climbing and skydiving in their advertisements, but so far nothing overly difficult. I await to see if they are saving this for the last few teams.

i was very happy to see mai and her friend kicked off last week.

I wasn't happy to see them go and I am glad to see Mai and Oliver not quit until eliminated.

Not quit?!!!! How can you say that?

They paid a taxi driver to take them to that coal mine place, and when his car broke down, rather than drive themselves to try and find it, they just slept in the car. If that's not quiting i don't know what is. They could have gone and bought a map, or did like the girls did and request the police to help. Anything but park the car and do nothing. It's pathetic to see these people who supposedly were selected from the thousands who applied, just stop trying.

they sure did quit. although i dont like that awful jeff person (i quite feel sorry for his girlfriend), i dont think he swapped any of the dvd's around on them. they were looking for someone to blame when they clearly didnt have a plan to complete the task.

i still like the hong kong boys, and the brother and sister from malaysia.

May be I am the one of the few who thinks differently and positively about Natalie but this is my opinion and I have the right to express it without being bashed.

There is an image of Natalie as a 'racer' created by AXN and there is a 'real life' Natalie who is known as altruistic, caring person and for her charitable work, but those are two different images.

If you believe in what you see on TV, then yes, the producers achieved their goal to create a drama, a thrill, an interesting show, and to make viewers love and hate the racers.

They need a good guy and the bad guy, they need a fight inside the team, they need losers and winners, that what makes it exciting to watch. I am sure that producers can create a 'bad image' of any contestant, for this episode they chose Natalie and for sure we will see other 'bad guys' in the next episode. So your judgment and conclusions based on the show itself may not be realistic.

and remember, this is just a SHOW...

May be I am the one of the few who thinks differently and positively about Natalie but this is my opinion and I have the right to express it without being bashed.

There is an image of Natalie as a 'racer' created by AXN and there is a 'real life' Natalie who is known as altruistic, caring person and for her charitable work, but those are two different images.

If you believe in what you see on TV, then yes, the producers achieved their goal to create a drama, a thrill, an interesting show, and to make viewers love and hate the racers.

They need a good guy and the bad guy, they need a fight inside the team, they need losers and winners, that what makes it exciting to watch. I am sure that producers can create a 'bad image' of any contestant, for this episode they chose Natalie and for sure we will see other 'bad guys' in the next episode. So your judgment and conclusions based on the show itself may not be realistic.

Many of you did not have a chance to meet a 'real life' Natalie or know her better.

Well, may be she can explain it better, so here is her blog… (copy and paste)

nataliefanclub.mforos.com/1318039/7368144-the-reality-of-reality-tv

Sure it is just a show. And sure they edited it. But the fact of the matter is that she was horrible at the show. The producers did not force her to tell Palin that they would just wait until they died at the tire change task. The producers did not force her to quit on her own task.  THe producers did not make her say that sleeping in an airport was the worst moment of her life.

She may or may not be a saint in an other life, but she was clearly not meant out to be on the show, and it is a shame that she took the spot of any one of the multitude of others who would have loved to be in her place.

Many of you did not have a chance to meet a 'real life' Natalie or know her better.

Sure it is just a show. And sure they edited it. But the fact of the matter is that she was horrible at the show. The producers did not force her to tell Palin that they would just wait until they died at the tire change task. The producers did not force her to quit on her own task.  THe producers did not make her say that sleeping in an airport was the worst moment of her life.

She may or may not be a saint in an other life, but she was clearly not meant out to be on the show, and it is a shame that she took the spot of any one of the multitude of others who would have loved to be in her place.

It's called ratings, we (you) love to see the mighty fall.

It's called ratings, we (you) love to see the mighty fall.

Absolutely. I freely admit that.  But I am hardly going to pity her and say the editors made her look bad. She made herself look bad.

Talking about editing... :D

The part of the text (above) was removed from my original message. :o

• 2 weeks later...

What a lot of twaddle! You were right though when you said that there were two images on Natalie. There is the truthful and honest image we see of her on Amazing Race, and there is the contrived and manipulated one we see of her as presented by her management and sponsors.

Reality TV producers just work with the material they are given. Sure they can edit but they can't make people say or do things. Contestants are the only ones who have control over this.

Natalie showed her true colours in this show and only the most severely brain-washed of her die-hard fans would fail to see that.

People like you Tommy are a complete mystery to me.