Amazing Race Asia Series 3

jeffer

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huey - I'm soooo glad I didn't go through what you did. My wife and I talked about it, but she said they would never pick us because we are not 'Hi-So' - SO TRUE!!!

Probably wouldn't pick an everyday Joe because they wouldn't stop and pose for the cheesy adverts that are in the show. (Note: Credit cards for payment at the airports...)

Aloha

It was just great to see Paula on the show again at the pitstop in Chiang Mai, Paula Paula Paula be mine :o:D:D:D

089-.... nah... :D

I've never liked the show... and for the guy who spent 7 hours doing the application or anybody else thinking of doing the same: don't bother. Truth be told, they are hand-picked in Thailand, well hand-picked from a group of hand-picked...

I loved tonight's show... It's a race, we are in first place, why don't we go sleep for 8 hours....

Brilliant

The Thai teams are killing me... Paradorn should get out while he still has a chance and Mai..Mai..Mai... :o

I agree with you 75%.

But Palin has shown herself to be a decent-enough person who understood what she was signing up for and is in it to do well. She must have been kicking herself over her choice of a partner, though. What a loser that girl is.

And Mai? Well, I really don't have enough derogatory words to describe that bimbo.

I loved tonight's show... It's a race, we are in first place, why don't we go sleep for 8 hours....

Brilliant

The Thai teams are killing me... Paradorn should get out while he still has a chance and Mai..Mai..Mai... :o

I agree with you 75%.

But Palin has shown herself to be a decent-enough person who understood what she was signing up for and is in it to do well. She must have been kicking herself over her choice of a partner, though. What a loser that girl is.

And Mai? Well, I really don't have enough derogatory words to describe that bimbo.

On this I agree 100%, although calling Pailin Thai is a bit of a stretch the show is making. She may look like a Thai, but she sure doesn't talk like a Thai and she did admit when she moved to Thailand two years ago she didn't know anyone. From her English, I'd say American.

As soon as I saw Singh beer's sponsorship at the orphanages, I knew there was no way either of the Thai teams were being eliminated, especially Natalie, Boonrawd's former spokesperson. Sure enough, while all other teams had to go to supermarkets and buy multiple items, Nat and Pailin got to donate the money straight away and Mai and Oliver bought one item from a store that just happened to have a USD 500 laptop sitting there waiting for them. The Koreans, of course, were sent to the grocery store.

Still, the show is great fun to watch and is one of the shows I never miss.

Yeah I'm watching it this year as I did last year. Must say, the hiso (they think) Thai team, especially the bird, is a real pain in the butt. They are not going to cut the mustard.

Also no westeners in the show. A bit xenophobic maybe? Although the Malaysian guy Henry has Australian citizenship, he professes to be Malaysian (clearly Australia is only good for the passport eh Henry).

I looooooooove THE AMAZING RACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ----------my favorite tv show

I don't know anything about the "asia series" but in the US here we will be airing on Sept 28 - one week right after Survivor

It will be THE AMAZING RACE ---season 13, here in the US

Hope U will have fun too!! - yippeeee :o

I was getting worried there for a moment when you said you loved this show, then I realised you meant the real one and not this 'worse than a patpong copy' of a show some braniac from HK is trying to pass of as the real thing.

Only thing worse is the 800 ads a day for it on AXN.

Also no westeners in the show. A bit xenophobic maybe?

Isn't the tw#t who was blowing his whistle in last night's show a westerner? He needs a good kicking IMHO.

He's Filipino, and he needs to go, too. What a jerk!

Seems to be a umber of teams and/or players who keep saying they want to go home, that "this isn't what they signed up for," that they don't like to be dirty. What the heck did they think the show was?

After Natalie bitching that she wanted to go home, I though she and Palin were goners, but have you ever seen such a sorry example of masculinity as the Koreans? What total wimps.

I LOATH Amazing "hand pick bullcrap celebrity" Race Asia. My wife and I spent hours on the 7 page application and the video that you must send in to Singapore, to be selected as a contestant. We would have kicked azz. Now honestly, not being picked (not even for the inital cut) would have upset me anyway. However, not nearly to the extreme that it dose knowing that unlike their superior American counterpart, they HAND PICK CELEBRITIES! and the THOUSANDS of people who spent time and money on the applications where totally shafted from the very F'ing beginning. They should have just said "Thai applicants need not apply we are picking Russians and celebrities to represent your country" I am seriously considering going to Singapore just to pimp smack the producer in person.

Celebs!!!? Oh yes .. of course. The black dude and his loud-mouthed Filipino wife.

I LOATH Amazing "hand pick bullcrap celebrity" Race Asia. My wife and I spent hours on the 7 page application and the video that you must send in to Singapore, to be selected as a contestant. We would have kicked azz. Now honestly, not being picked (not even for the inital cut) would have upset me anyway. However, not nearly to the extreme that it dose knowing that unlike their superior American counterpart, they HAND PICK CELEBRITIES! and the THOUSANDS of people who spent time and money on the applications where totally shafted from the very F'ing beginning. They should have just said "Thai applicants need not apply we are picking Russians and celebrities to represent your country" I am seriously considering going to Singapore just to pimp smack the producer in person.

Celebs!!!? Oh yes .. of course. The black dude and his loud-mouthed Filipino wife.

The Topic is Season 3 yeah? Which has significantly less normal people than season 2. I liked season 2, it made me want to apply for this season.

They should have just said "Thai applicants need not apply we are picking Russians and celebrities to represent your country" I am seriously considering going to Singapore just to pimp smack the producer in person.

You are Thai?

Nope but I'm certainly not a dissatached russian miss universe or a prissy, wealthy Thai actress. And I guarantee my wife and I would be a hel_l of a lot more fun too watch, and easier for more people to relate to then them.

The Topic is Season 3 yeah? Which has significantly less normal people than season 2. I liked season 2, it made me want to apply for this season.

Okay .. then the celebs must be the 2 butt-ugly girls? You really sound like a poor loser. How many people do you think applied?

Maybe when you go down to Singapore you can pimp smack K. Yodsaenklai as well? :o

Edited by klikster

They should have just said "Thai applicants need not apply we are picking Russians and celebrities to represent your country" I am seriously considering going to Singapore just to pimp smack the producer in person.

You are Thai?

Nope but I'm certainly not a dissatached russian miss universe or a prissy, wealthy Thai actress.

So tell us what you are then.

Seeing as it's The Amazing Race Asia, it would have been nice if the contestants could have been born and breed natives. So whilst i agree that models and hi-sos was a bad choice, i don't think choosing some expat and his missus would have been the way to go either.

As far as I can tell only the Indians, the Malyasian brother and sister, and the two Singapore girls are non-celebs. THe first Indian team got eliminated after having horrbile luck with two different taxis. And the two Singapore girls? Well, the heavy one wants to quit all the time because she is tired, and the other wants to quit because she is dirty.

I will still watch, but I really dislike most of the teams. The Malaysian actress and heiress redeemed themselves somewhat last episode, and the Hong Kong comedians seem OK. I am pushing for the Indian father and son since I think they are "normal" people. Palin has impressed, and I sort of like the Filipina Miss Universe (even though she is from Canada.)

Filipino model-boy whistle-blowing Geoff, Natalie, the Thai team of Natalie and Oliver, the Singapore complaining girls--they all need to go home.

I do like the US version much, much better. THe teams are quite interesting. From a girl with one leg to a team of gothic freaks who turned out to be the nicest, most "normal" team in the competition to a little person who was not a sweet little thing but rather a bitch (refreshing in a way in how that broke some stereotypes), the producers pick great teams whom you can either love or hate, but usually love.

Yes and the pay they offered for local helpers wasn't real flash either! they were in chiang mai a few months back and advertised beforehand, originally offering 1,000 baht for translator/guides to accompany each couple. My wife applied as she thought it might be fun, and was accepted. Then they dropped it to 800 baht, and for which they wanted fluent English speakers who had to attend a session the night before filming plus accompany their alloted couple all day plus provide a uniform of sorts plus ? (oh, i can't remember the rest). In the end not worth the bother.

Why do the teams need guides/translators? I thought the whole idea of the race was for them to face the challenges of traveling in a foreign country themselves.

There's a lot about the race that confuses me actually. In the last season the Filipino with the big mouth and her long suffering husband were stripped of all their belongs, including money, for being the last ones to arrive at a check-point. The next part of the race, they had to take a flight, but there was nothing shown about them trying to raise the money, yet they still flew??? I guess though it is possible that someone paid the woman money to shut her mouth for five minutes!!!

You are Thai?

Nope but I'm certainly not a dissatached russian miss universe or a prissy, wealthy Thai actress.

Seeing as it's The Amazing Race Asia, it would have been nice if the contestants could have been born and breed natives. So whilst i agree that models and hi-sos was a bad choice, i don't think choosing some expat and his missus would have been the way to go either.

Actually I agree, if they only picked contestants who where native to the Asian countries then I wouldn't have a problem. I would have never even applied. That would be fine. But the fact is they don't, they hand pick based on celebrity status for 80% of the contestants. I just think its a slap in the face too the MANY THOUSANDS like my wife & I who really wanted to be on and not just to bolster our acting/adverstising/modeling carrers.

You are Thai?

Actually I agree, if they only picked contestants who where native to the Asian countries then I wouldn't have a problem. I would have never even applied. That would be fine. But the fact is they don't, they hand pick based on celebrity status for 80% of the contestants. I just think its a slap in the face too the MANY THOUSANDS like my wife & I who really wanted to be on and not just to bolster our acting/adverstising/modeling carrers.

It really comes down to what the sponsors want. They want a wider audience in each country and to do this, for the most part the show has opted for people already known as contestants. The sponsors are the boss, hence, my previous post re Thursday's show.

Having said the above, of course it isn't fair. People were misled. I would be mad as well.

That's a very good Point about the sponsors Old Man River, and I can appreciate that. However why is it that Amazing Race in the US can bring in MILLIONS more from their sponsors while being true to the original nature of the game, and these "soon to be pimp smacked" producers in Singapore pervert the theme and settle for so much less? I mean especially with Thailand...remember that weight lifter girl from Issan that took the gold? She was from a poor rural upbringing, not at all actress material, yet wonderfully, beautifully, 100% Thai and the Thai Citizens rallied around her like a hero for bringing home the gold for Thailand. You don't think Thai people would watch if the contestants were everyday folks like what we see in the American Version of Amazing race? I mean Sponsors could still have a field day with it. I think the producers just lack a pair not to mention vision.

The point of the show is to draw in sponsors and viewers - it's not to pick the best qualified teams for an Asian final, so to speak.

By the same token, most game shows - anywhere in the world - do not usually pick the most qualified people - they pick those who are most likely to be interesting.

In this sense, the producers have done a decent job - there are teams you like, teams you hate, and teams you have no clue about - rather than a bunch of jocks who would complete tasks in record time but be boring like hel_l.

With Natalie, it's no secret that she was proposed and sponsored by Singha Beer. She didn't just decide that she wanted to compete in a show where she was highly likely to have to perform menial tasks.

i just saw the latest re-run on the weekend. FINALLY natalie gets kicked off. pailin was actually ok, and i do wonder if their friendship will be as strong now that natalie wussed out and wanted to go home.

natalie should get some balls, and she should have realised her limitations before going on the show, allowing for a much more worthy team to run.

next to go SHOULD be the whining singaporeans. also that horrible geoff (who is actually australian but on the Filipino team) with the whistle. someone should ram that up his a$% or right down his throat. what a nasty person he is.

Well.....the episode #1, US version - will start in 1 min here ------season 13

YIPIIIIIIIIIIII :o

It's on in Thailand tonight at 9.00pm so no spoilers in advance please

I want your baths now - just to keep me quiet!!!!-----just joking hehe

OKok, my lips is sealed, promise!!! :D .....ENJOY!!!!!!!!

Edited by teacup

Brilliant

I agree with you 75%.

She's a friend of my wifes, i've been out with her a few times..she's a nice girl in real life.

You shouldn't get so worked up over someones tv persona.