Thai Passport

If your child was born in the UK, you should apply for a Thai birth certificate at the Thai embassy in London. You can also simultaneously apply for a passport. If your child was born in Thailand, simply apply for a passport to the Thai embassy in London, enclosing his Thai birth certificate.

Scouse.

Thanks mate, do I need to go to the embasy in London or can this be done over the phone ? or post or Internet ?

Also when apllying is it beast for my child to use my surname on the thai passpor or her mothers ?

Edited by bread

• 5 weeks later...

When you attend the embassy, it's only for the purposes of making the applications for a birth certificate and passport. Provide the embassy with a Special Delivery envelope, and they will send you the documents, once issued, which, in my experience, was approximately four weeks later.

Scouse.

we did this early this year & as scouse says, you need to make an appointment as they require both parnets & baby go to the embassy. Baby needs to have finger prints taken & the thai parent has to act as the applicant on behalf of the baby. Fairly straightforward if a little antiquated in process, took around 3-4 weeks for pp & thai bc to come through.

Hi there all has anyone got a link or more info on where to application form for kids thai passport My son was born here (wife thai) we also want thai birth certificate for him as well. i have looked on thai site but could not find any info.

also my wife wants to renew her thai passport in the uk what form and costs are involed???

many thanks pete som and ben