Leeco Safe

vegas

The heavier the better, make sure it is bolted down, if you are trying to save money you are better of with a solid plate steel safe than one of these cheaper document style safes. But there is no substitute for cash spent, a TDR safe with a solid concrete filled door and a glass relocking device. If going for a cheaper one try to hide the safe as best you can.

Safes don't really wear out, so don't be afraid to buy second hand and usually the older safes are better than the cheaper newer ones. IMHO

I've had this bastard thing for 6 months and it is all but impossible to open. Either I am misunderstanding the Thaiglish instructions or I am just too thick. Actually we have managed to open it a couple of times (after a 1/2 hour struggle) and then left it unlocked, but used the key to access. Problem is, my daughter loves to twirl the combination lock.

Anybody got one of these damned things and knows the trick to opening them?

Go down to one fo the safe shops in China Town - nothing too sophisticated about the average Leeco - the mechnics and are basic safe mechanics and you'll have no prob's finding someone in one of the safe shops there who'll be able to open/crack it for a reasonable fee.

• 5 months later...
Yeah, and I think that most people do. Because otherwise the guys who brought your safe in (and typically will show you how to open the safe with the default settings) would know the combination. Granted, I don't know if this is true for all models or not, but I have a few different sizes and they all could be changed ...another reason is so that you wouldn't have to remember several different combinations if you had more than one.

:)

l was wondering if you could tell me the steps to change the combination for my leeco safe as l don't have the instructions anymore. thanks man.