30 Airlines To Go Bust This Year?

Mossfinn

Someone ,just passed me a rumour Continental ?

I wonder what would happen to the island hop route between Guam and Hawaii if that were true. They're the only airline servicing the route.

I don't think CO is in jeopardy of declaring Ch. 7/11? Many analysts are bullish on some U.S. airline stocks given that they've cut capacity and costs, shed workers and are looking at much lower fuel costs going forward. In any event, the GUM-HNL route is operated by Continental Micronesia (Air Mike), a wholly owned subsidiary of CO, so I'd expect them to spin off and maintain operations, provided the route is profitable, in the event that CO were to go belly up.

thai airways would be my #1 wager

I would have thought Thai Airways would enjoy a certain level of Government protection with an allocation of the lions share of traffic on selected routes into Bangkok.

Enough to keep them going during tough times.

Edited by rockyysdt

Hi

Well it seems the Aviation authorities in Italy have given Alitalia 4 days to come up with a rescue plan or they will take away their operating licence.

Well surely that must be the kiss of death, who in their right mind would now book a flight with them!

Frankly the airline and country has caved in to the unions so many times in the past that they now have the airline they deserve, i.e. old equipment, overstaffed and a pension burden they can no longer afford.

They should have taken note of the Swissair problem, no flag carrier is immune!

TBWG