Buy A Used Motorbike In Pattaya..

iyah

One more thing. Consider the Nouvo too.

http://www.yamaha-motor.co.th

There are a lot of them around, and they are larger, meaning the passenger's knees will not be up so high.

Sorry to say, but that is simply wrong. The Nuovo has some of the worst seating positions for the passenger. It might suit a short legged Thai, but if you are a slightly taller farang you sit on it like a frog as passenger. I find the Hondas passenger seating much better, that's why I bought an Airblade after owning a Nuovo before.

Cheers

Hi,

I would like to buy a used automatic motorbike, preferably Fino, 30000 baht max. Could anyone recommand a good shop in/around Pattaya?

Thanks

Not so much as what shop to go to, but what shop will have stock of the bike your looking for.

Also try looking in the monthly Pattaya Trader magazine and the weekly local papers that are available every Friday.

As someone previously mentioned, a more popular bike like the Yamaha Nouvo would be easier to find than a Fino.

there is a auction held every thursday @5pm at the night markets on thepasit road jomtien,

they ussaully have over 100 bikes on offer.

you buy as is so its a good idea to get there earlier to check them out.

they dont start them up, and most have been sitting for some time.

i have bought 2 and am happy with my purchases.

paid 16,500 for a moi with 4000 km on the clock ,and a Nouvo for 15,000 its about an additional 3,000b on top with additional fees from the auction house.

but its buyer beware, but i am happy about it.

there are thais that buy, then and resell at the bike shops,

good luck.

Any place for a second hand Harley??

:o

Does a Harley fit into that budget you've been asking about?

3rd road near Tony's Gym

Yes , I just sold my Softail here & we had allowed for either a new car or harley, still haven't made up our mind , do they have a web ?

:D

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks a lot for the replies. I have driven a nuevo before, didn't really like the feel of it. Seems like it was 'harder to turn' and less stable. A little more powerful than mio and fino though. Prices at the auction sound really cheap, but seems like it is a bit of a gamble..not sure i'm willing to take the risk. I will go across friendship's market then to have a look. Yes, i've checked out Carrefour bulletin board as well as local newspaper. No Fino for sell there at the moment (exept an orange one for 35k, not interested).

3rd road near Tony's Gym

Try Wranglers in Pattaya (Duck Square behind BigC South Pattaya!

They will service your bike as well, and they know how to do it.

Cheers

Chris, regarding the auction, do u get some kind of paper along with the bike (the ones u might need to show if u get pulled over by the peeps in brown/tamrooat)?
Last thursday i had the unpleasant experience of trying to buy at that auction, out of about 100 bikes id say 5 were ok,we were told it takes a month for the book to come, and only yamaha and hondas had books !,they were playing loud music at the time of the sale and my wife even struggled to make any sense of it all, bizzare,, :o ,id rather pay retail than sit through another of those sales,.

i dont remember say it was a great night out.

i went to buy a bike i got 2 they where great deals.

i consider i saved around 15,000 per bike .

so you be the judge 1 hours of crap music and not understand a word the auctioneers says.

TO IYAH I have receive a photo copy of the papers and i was told I would get the originals in

about 4-6 weeks time.

ps it would be smart to take a thai, you must remember thai dont live at auction so it will

obviously be not easy for them either, but they can help with the bidding aspect.

REMEMBER IT IS BUYER BEWARE , I HAVE ENJOYED MY PURCHASES, THAT DOESN'T MEAN THAT YOU WILL.

imaneggspurt good luck at what every you decide.

Go to Friendship and Carefour bulletin boards.

And, go to Mityon, which has many shops for new and used bikes here.

One of the may Mityon shops is opposite Friendship Market on South Pattaya Road.

I got my Nuovo there, great condition with no problems for 28k.

3rd road near Tony's Gym

Yes , I just sold my Softail here & we had allowed for either a new car or harley, still haven't made up our mind , do they have a web ?

:D

I too would recommend Wranglers (www.wranglersthailand)

Hot Rod Pattaya (www.hotrodpattaya) usually has a couple second hand bikes (in addition to all their custom stuff)

Power Station (on Thepprasit, down around soi 17 I think), (no website I know of) is a branch of Powerstation Bangkok (www.powerstationmotorsport)

East Coast Choppers (www.customharleyrental) I think does mostly custom work, but may know of some bikes for sale.

Not sure I'd trust Siam Speedways (www.siamspeedways). Doesn't look like their site (or the bikes listed) has been updated in over a year.

Same for Siam Motorcycles (lousy descriptions of the bikes, no updates, etc) (www.siammotorcycles)

There's another shop on #3 Road, as you are heading towards Thappraya it's on the left side just before the fly-over.

My Softail actually came from Chon Buri (Chon Buri Superbike), but they don't have a website that I can see. It was a word-of-mouth, through friends of a friend kind of thing.

If you can navigate in Thai, might also look at (www.mocyc).

This site is a little bare and I'm not sure how up to date: (www.thailand-motorbikes)

Another place you might want to have a look at is Big Cycle Udon Thani (www.big-cycle) (Thai and English, but more Thai).

And finally, this site is a list of sites, but again, doesn't appear to have been updated in a long time (www.geocities.com/bkkriders/links.html)

My Softail actually came from Chon Buri (Chon Buri Superbike), but they don't have a website that I can see. It was a word-of-mouth, through friends of a friend kind of thing.

There is mine from as well.

I highly recommend them. Bike, Papers all worked as promised. The seem to have a high turnover in bikes and they are mainly specialized in HD, BMW and Ducati's.

Cheers

Aeeeiii. Can't remember. :o

Went up there in my buddy's SUV. I recall driving through town (coming from Pattaya), then doing a U-turn and the shop was on the left side of the street. Hard to see if it wasn't for the Harley Police Edition parked on the sidewalk.

...<snipped>...There's another shop on #3 Road, as you are heading towards Thappraya it's on the left side just before the fly-over.

That's Nippon Bikes. Owner is 'Joe'. Good work on all manner of bikes...Large cc bikes to dirt bikes. Very reasonable repair prices.

anyone know when i can find something around the 400cc range?

Try Nippon Bike (above). Joe (who is Thai, but speaks fair English) imports bikes from Japan. His wife is Japanese and they make several trips a year to Japan to buy and import bikes. They usually have a half-dozen DRZ-400's and other assorted larger bikes available (Buell, Yamaha, Harley, etc), but this is a bad time of the year to buy as their 400cc inventory is now low. They will make another buying trip next March, when it's cold in Japan and owners are selling their bikes. I will be selling my Suzuki 'Djebel' 250 and upgrading to a DRZ, but must wait until next year for the best selection.