Car Wash, How Much You Pay?

tartempion

Had a pick-up for 3 years and paid 100B in U&don thani 3 years ago.

Then it went up to 120B and this year around Nong Han 40kms East from Udon they asked 140B.

Changed car recently to something normal 4 doors.

Happened to visit a friend at Khumpawapi one month ago and had car cleaned for 120B, decent price.

Yesterday went to same shop Nong Han as before and they charged 160B, way over the top :D

Told them in clear Thai language I would not come back, I also was their only customer at that moment.

Is it more expensive to clean a regular car?

What are Bangkok prices?

And yeap, I know I can clean my car myself, but isn't that illegal and requiring a work permit? :o

Had a pick-up for 3 years and paid 100B in U&don thani 3 years ago.

Then it went up to 120B and this year around Nong Han 40kms East from Udon they asked 140B.

Changed car recently to something normal 4 doors.

Happened to visit a friend at Khumpawapi one month ago and had car cleaned for 120B, decent price.

Yesterday went to same shop Nong Han as before and they charged 160B, way over the top :D

Told them in clear Thai language I would not come back, I also was their only customer at that moment.

Is it more expensive to clean a regular car?

What are Bangkok prices?

And yeap, I know I can clean my car myself, but isn't that illegal and requiring a work permit? :o

its depend where you go; last year I payed in Ban bua thong 100 bath for an toyota altis; this year I payed 150 bath in Nakhonsawan for an Toyotao sportrider, in BKK I payed the same price. Its more expensive to clean an SUV. Normally the put the prices on a billboard.

150 bht here in Phanomtuan, just north of Kanchanaburi.

That is for a proper wash and wax and a pretty decent vacuum and clean inside.

As a regular I get a card stamped and after 10 washes get another one free.

The prices are signposted outside the garage.

friend of mine paid 2000baht...... and no its not a typo.

the silly bugger has been here 2 years as well. but he did say that was under the bonnet steam clean and underbody. but thats what i thought they did anyway.

you can tell i've only got a bike lol

60, 80 or 100 baht in Bangkok.

Depending if outside only or full vacuum and wipe inside as well.

One could easily spend 250-350 at a fancier place with free wifi.

There is a car wash on Thonglor 13 for rich kids with way too much disposable income to spend on their multi-million baht imports. Yearly membership starts at something like 20 to 30 grand.

Edited by Uros

Think I pay just under 300Baht for a foam clean. They never really do a great job and the inside is always sticky where they dont wipe away that spray stuff properly. Every time I go there they hassle me to get a 2500Baht Teflon coating that apparently stops all the rain drops from marking the car and windows. They say i should have this because the car is new and black. The bloody thing needs washing every other day. This is in Korat at the Mall shopping center

• 2 weeks later...

Go to ProServ garages attached to Shell service stations.

For 250baht, they'll raise your car up on a hydraulic ramp and clean underneath (very nifty) then give the car a foamy-spray wash (includes under bonnet - they protect vital parts with plastic covers) and then vacuum and wipe inside.

Buriram is OTT at Bt280 or something daft like that (often with Bt50 off) at the BigC. Don't actually know anywhere else so just take it there once a week or so. Tell me if you know !

In Pattaya we have a place in Soi Khaotalo which is near and about Bt150/180. The best I found for the price was behind Expat Motors on Thappraya Road. About Bt150 including underneath and top ojob as well.

Andy care care near North Pattaya road was rubbish and very eager to push the 10 or 20 was deals on you. Too quick and not done properly.

All prices for a Isuzu 4 cab.

If anyone does know a decent better price wash in Buriram please let me know. We're near the Surin Road going out of Buriram.