Any Good Burrito Places In Chiang Mai?

Maccheroncini

Can anyone recommend some good Mexican or Tex-mex places to eat?  Miguel's is the only place I have found around here

thanks

Salsa Kitchen is heaps better than Miguels! It has recently had to move locations though and the new one is not open until the end of the month. It will be on Huey Keaw road opposite the Shell Garage. Hope the food is just as good as the last place!

Can anyone recommend some good Mexican or Tex-mex places to eat? Miguel's is the only place I have found around here

thanks

Salsa Kitchen is heaps better than Miguels! It has recently had to move locations though and the new one is not open until the end of the month. It will be on Huey Keaw road opposite the Shell Garage. Hope the food is just as good as the last place!

Not quite Chaing Mai--but 12 Km up Hang Dong Rd.--at Kad Farang is California Wraps which is pretty good--I am in no way an expert on this type of food, though.

I am not a burrito lover. The one at Miguel's I only tried once, and it must have weighed a pound. Reminded me of a place in Houston. But I was unimpressed with Salsa Kitchen, twice. I started eating Tex-Mex in 1961, at the Mexi-Teria. :o

///Oops, I could not be old enough to remember that. As I told diCaprio as we danced to an Elvis tune in Nicaragua, my grandmother told me about that.

IMHO Miguel's is one of the best Mexican restaurants in SE Asia and many of us who were raised on California style Mexican food seem to love it.

I am also a fan of Salsa Kitchen who make the best BBQ ribs that I have tried in Thailand, but he does not even attempt to make authentic Mexican dishes. He seems to base his recipes on Mexican dishes, but substitute fresh local ingredients for the traditional ones making tasty, somewhat unique dishes of his own style.

Both these places are owned by very pleasant Canadian owners.

Haha, another one of these "best of" threads. Miguels for sure, just like the others said. Don't waste your time anywhere else. Miguels, like UG says, utilizes ingredients that are imported, i.e. cilantro, cheese, etc. that give the Mexican flavor. I'm from California and picky about Mexican food. I can't find fault with Miguels at all. Was just there last night as a matter of fact. :o

I wish there was one the does New Mexican style from New Mexico.

Being from AZ, I can only say that Sonoran is my fav, but NM is sooooo good.

Back to Phoenix soon for a visit and the first place I'm going from the airport is straight to the closest Mexican eatery.

Remember the inner cover picture of ZZ Tops "tres hombres" album??

Made my mouth water. :o

Back to Phoenix soon for a visit and the first place I'm going from the airport is straight to the closest Mexican eatery.

john, could you post that foto from "Tres Hombres"? I wonder if three men from west Houston would go that far west for Mexican food. When I lived 920 miles due south of west Houston, on the Mexican Pacific, they made good Mexican food, and the nearby Domino's had Italian sausage pizza. All I know of New Mex food is chiles rellenos. What are the other specialties?

john, could you post that foto from "Tres Hombres"?

Isn't this it?

zz%20top%20tres%20hombres%20mexican%20feast4.jpg

post-33605-1221564105_thumb.jpg

Made my mouth water. :D

Isn't this it?

yummy, yummy :o:D:D:D

Haha, another one of these "best of" threads. Miguels for sure, just like the others said. Don't waste your time anywhere else. Miguels, like UG says, utilizes ingredients that are imported, i.e. cilantro, cheese, etc. that give the Mexican flavor. I'm from California and picky about Mexican food. I can't find fault with Miguels at all. Was just there last night as a matter of fact. :o

Not to be picky (well, actually to be very picky!), cilantro is not imported! It is pak-chee here in Thailand, and is used in almost everything!

I read somewhere that the King once said that he "likes cilantro, but does it have to be used on everything?"

ps - I like Miguels too

cheers, Mark

A [decent] burrito can be had at the mexican fast food restaurant on top floor of Pantip plaza.....not really big, so you might want to order two. I'd rate it 2.5 stars [on a 1-5 star scale]. Good fast plug when you wanna buy your PC parts and get out fast.

Isn't this it?

That's it.

Reminds me of home. My mouth is a waterin'...my god that looks good.