Is Marktplaats.nl Blocked By Thailand Or Is Marktplaats.nl Blocking Thailand?

Cheops

Hi All,

the next question can probably only be answered by Dutch people (maybe some Belgium or German people know this site as well):

Is Marktplaats.nl blocked by Thailand or is Marktplaats.nl blocking Thailand?

I tried to connect to Marktplaats via my GPRS connection and can't connect to it. Now I have True adsl, same issue, Marktplaats seems unreachable. If I connect to Marktplaats from my work then there is no problem (my work is connected to the internet by a proxy in France). Also when I use a proxy at home, no problem.

That leaves the question: Is Marktplaats blocked by Thailand or is Marktplaats blocking Thailand? :o

I know Marktplaats is blocking some countries as well, so this could be the case. I can't think of any reason why Thailand should block Marktplaats though.

Thanks in advance for any info on this! :D

By the way, does someone know where I can find a list with sites blocked by Thailand? (is such list exists)

Bedankt voor alle reacties (thanks for all replies!)

Since I have True it must be something else then. But still quite strange why I can't connect MP using True or Happy (Dtac) GPRS. Both methods with proxy work fine and I can connect to MP via proxy.

Ok, I will go further to find out what my problem can be. I will post it if I know what the problem is. Tonight I will continue (maybe I will try to ping MP first).

At least it's good to know that MP is not blocked and MP isn't blocking Thailand (couldn't find any reason anyway for that, although it's strange that TOT seems to block MP (according K'Prasert. Prasert, do you know the reason behind this?)).

Thanks all for replies!

Last night I tried to ping marktplaats which works perfectly with good pingtimes, so I guess my problem must be something like a firewall setting or blocked service or port on my notebook. I will continue to search for the solution.

Hoi Marcus,

I'm still strugling on this one. I took a look at the firewall settings, but can't see anything odd in that.

So the facts are:

I can ping markplaats

I can go to mp directly from my workplace (which will be through a proxy located in France)

I can go to mp through a proxy

I can't to mp directly from True adsl

I can't to mp directly from a GPRS Happy account

And this on BOTH of my notebooks!

If I change from directlyy to mp or via a proxy, this will not be affected by my firewall, is it? It should be the same I guess.

Anyway to be continued! I will keep this thread updated whenever I know something.

Again: on TRUE Samut Prakarn no problem!

Look at the picture!!!

I believe you Reimar, but that picture I can make as well, even with a good proxy (which don't show anything of the proxysite itself on the page).

I'm sure that True isn't blocking mp, I think it has to be some kind of setting on my computer for sure.

Also Marcus has the same problem and he uses maxnet, but others can to mp with maxnet as well, so I think also Marcus problem could be some setting.

By the way, does any of you have any experience in setting up your own proxy-server which you can use?

Maybe I will go that way if I can't find the solution.

By the way, does any of you have any experience in setting up your own proxy-server which you can use?

Yes, this can be done in minutes :o Your proxy will look like one of these

First, you need a server and domain. If you already have a website with a professional hosting package, you can create a subdomain, and install the proxy script over there. Otherwise, you can use a free hosting package and one of their free domains, but it might result in a slower proxy I think.

Then you download the script and upload it to the server. That's it !

The big problem with these kind of proxies is that you always have to go to a webpage, so it is not possible for programs like skype, zattoo, slingplayer etc to connect through them. Anyone has an idea how to solve this ?

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, this can be done in minutes :D Your proxy will look like one of these

First, you need a server and domain. If you already have a website with a professional hosting package, you can create a subdomain, and install the proxy script over there. Otherwise, you can use a free hosting package and one of their free domains, but it might result in a slower proxy I think.

Then you download the script and upload it to the server. That's it !

The big problem with these kind of proxies is that you always have to go to a webpage, so it is not possible for programs like skype, zattoo, slingplayer etc to connect through them. Anyone has an idea how to solve this ?

Hi Marcus,

thanks for your good suggestion! I just read your message and set up the proxy indeed within minutes :o

I have already a domain with professional hosting, so it's easy to use this for my own proxy. I don't like the free hosting sites. Anyway you can get good and cheap hosting if you look around. I host my site at Webreus. Maybe there are some more cheap ones, but this is one reliable and they answer any question by mail very fast. I will PM you to give you my website, which I don't want to share on TV Marcus.