90 Day Check In And Renew Retirement Visa

riley76

Help please, :D I have just come up to chiang mai. and will stay

nice here. :( 1/ what do I need for C/M imm to check in for 90 days :D

and what will i need to provide for renewal of retirement visa :D

I have 400.000 in acc[years.] and have income above 40,000 per month, home country

? what do these visa companies do for 8000 approx to get one, for one :o

thanks riley 76 :D

If you look back on not too many posts you will see a thread specifically about the chiang mai version of what's needed for the 90 day check-in. Simple and straight forward. The best thing to do about the requirements on the renewal would be to go straight to the horses mouth so to speak. That means going to immigration, speak to a couple different officers there to see exactly what is required. Although some condesending members here will say that "Any intelligent search on the internet will tell everything you will need." That amounts to BS!! Although the Thai Immigration website does have a section about required documents, it doesn't work when clicked on, the police order does not mention about the fact that here at chiang mai immigration they are asking that you have a bank account here even if you qualify for the 65,000 Baht method. So that is useless for lining up everything. They also have a brochure at immigration that covers nothing about retirement visas yet they claim it will teel everything. Again...the best way is go there , talk to a couple different officers, you may get two different answers but at least will give you the best available information. Keep a smile on your face.

what do these visa companies do for 8000 approx to get one, for one :o

thanks riley 76 :D

#1: don't pay for a visa company or lawyer. The process is simple and easy and immigration is easy to work with. The hardest part is getting all your papers together with copies the first time so you do not have to go back.

#2: sit down with a retiree who has renewed his visa one time. Maybe go to the Chiangmai Expat Club meeting (2nd and 4th Saturdays) and ask for somone there to walk you through it in exchange for the oyster/lobster/big buffet Sunday brunch/lunch at the Holiday Inn. It would be worth it to you.

Although the Thai Immigration website does have a section about required documents, it doesn't work when clicked on,

You have to use IE or a fully IE compliant browser for it to work or IE Tabs for FF.

I recently found this out ,which for me, lead to more confusion regarding the required docs.

Maestro wrote that the information on that web page has not been updated to reflect the Oct 2006 police order document.

Although the Thai Immigration website does have a section about required documents, it doesn't work when clicked on,

You have to use IE or a fully IE compliant browser for it to work or IE Tabs for FF.

I recently found this out ,which for me, lead to more confusion regarding the required docs.

Maestro wrote that the information on that web page has not been updated to reflect the Oct 2006 police order document.

Go to an Expat Club meeting and ask someone who just verified their 90 day address. Much easier than reading conflicting and/or confusing information.