Is The Electric Company Refunding Deposits Paid For Electric Meter Service?

jackcorbett

Over a year ago, all condo owners in my building had to pay a meter deposit of just over 7000 baht to the electric company through our condo office. One of my fellow co-owners told me we were all entitled to a partial refund of 5000 baht due to the fact that we had service through our present meters for a certain time period---say six months to one year. In fact he told me that every condo owner at the Nova Mirage condo development just down the street had gotten 5000 baht of his deposit back. My fellow condo owner friend and I got the necessary paper work from our office that showed our meter numbers, amount of deposit and so on and we went to the electric company together. There we were informed that there would be no meter deposit refund coming unless we terminated our service, which makes sense, but still, there is the story that the Nova Mirage condo owners got back 5000 baht of their 7000 baht meter deposits.

In Bang Sare 20 kilo's out from Pattaya they gave us back our temporary meter money)I think it was 3000 baht & charged us 5000 baht for the permanent meter which is refundable at the time of termination. This is a house & I am not sure if it is the same for a condo or Pattaya jurisdiction as the different locations may very on the terms.

It sounds like the condo assn is making 2000 baht per meter transaction.

Edited by Beardog

Nope, meter deposits are only refundable when terminating contracts.

In my case, with a 3 phase TOU meter (Time Of Use, I have my own 24 KV transformer), they even asked for an increase of the deposit when my monthly bills started to get higher then the deposit...

On regular meters the deposit depends on the amp capacity of the meter. There used to be a sign in the office clearly stating installation fees and deposit amounts per type of meter.

Nope, meter deposits are only refundable when terminating contracts.

In my case, with a 3 phase TOU meter (Time Of Use, I have my own 24 KV transformer), they even asked for an increase of the deposit when my monthly bills started to get higher then the deposit...

On regular meters the deposit depends on the amp capacity of the meter. There used to be a sign in the office clearly stating installation fees and deposit amounts per type of meter.

Thanks for that info. now I know why it was more money for the 2nd meter was more baht. We used the higher amp meter for the permanent.