Textbook For A Private?

park

any recommendations for a book to use for 3 japanese kids. age 7, 8, 10. they previously used lets go! book 1 and 2. they want to try something different. i only see them for 90 mins a week, the 10 year old for an extra hour. their mum is keen to see them working through a book.

ideas?

See our current discussion, started by Lannarebirth, about condensed or abridged stories by Oxford and Cambridge press, which cost about 90 baht each at bookstores like DK. The starter series is heavily illustrated, not unlike comic books, even of classic stories like Robin Hood and King Arthur. Also try some level 1 books, which have more text, tenses, words. Have the kids take speaking roles reading the story. For each chapter, there are questions to check for comprehension, and a glossary at the back for difficult words. Japanese and Korean parents are far more serious about education than most Thai parents. Let Mum see it is more difficult material. If Mum does not wish to buy the books, keep them as a small tutoring library.

any recommendations for a book to use for 3 japanese kids. age 7, 8, 10. they previously used lets go! book 1 and 2. they want to try something different. i only see them for 90 mins a week, the 10 year old for an extra hour. their mum is keen to see them working through a book.

ideas?

90% of my income is from privates. I almost always want the parents and students to choose the book.

At times this isn't possible, if they can't get to a book store, or don't know what to choose.

I loan them a few books and let them decide.

BTW, Let's go series is a great start. I like the book, but of course, it's not for every student.