Retirement Visa Renewal

Hi, I have a retirement visa from 03 Oct 2007 with expire date=07 Nov 2008.

I was today in Jomtien for a 90 days renewal the next date they put on my pass is 16 Dec.2008.

Up to me in this date I have to ask also for a new visa, BUT the lady on Immigration advise me I have to ask a new visa BEFORE 07 Nov 2008.

Can someone explain me the "15 month" all people speak about?

Thanks,

The 15 months people are talking about is for a on-year multi entry visa. On this visa you have to leave the country after 90 days and come back right in. By leaving and entering the country just before this visa expires you get an extra 90 days, or almost 15 months.

You have are here on a single non-immigrant visa, which you have extended to 1 year. This means you don't have to leave the country every 90 days, just report your addres every 90 days to immigration. I presume you enterd Thailand on your visa on 3 Oct. 2007 and got an extension for 1 year on 7 Nov. 2007. So yes, you need to ask for an extension of stay before 7 nov. 2008. Do it about 3 weeks before.

I was today in Jomtien for a 90 days renewal the next date they put on my pass is 16 Dec.2008.

This is your 90 day address report.

Nothing to do with your Visa.

You have to report your address to Immigration every 90 days.

As Mario said, you should apply for a new extension around 14th October in case of any problems.

You will still have to do your 90 day report on 16th December.

The 15 months people are talking about is for a on-year multi entry visa. On this visa you have to leave the country after 90 days and come back right in. By leaving and entering the country just before this visa expires you get an extra 90 days, or almost 15 months.

You have are here on a single non-immigrant visa, which you have extended to 1 year. This means you don't have to leave the country every 90 days, just report your addres every 90 days to immigration. I presume you enterd Thailand on your visa on 3 Oct. 2007 and got an extension for 1 year on 7 Nov. 2007. So yes, you need to ask for an extension of stay before 7 nov. 2008. Do it about 3 weeks before.

Thank you for the answer but I forgot to say that my visa is a retirement visa, multiple entries. In this case I can get out from Thai before 7 Nov and when I come back (1 week later) I'll receive the last 3 month???

Thank you for the answer but I forgot to say that my visa is a retirement visa, multiple entries. In this case I can get out from Thai before 7 Nov and when I come back (1 week later) I'll receive the last 3 month???

You do not seem to know what you have.

Is it

A. a Non Immigrant Multi Entry Visa got from a Consulate outside Thailand?

B. a O-A Multi Entry Retirement Visa got from a Consulate outside Thailand?

C. a years extension got from Immigration in Thailand?

I do not understand why you made a 90 day report in Jontiem if you have a Visa.

... I have a retirement visa from 03 Oct 2007 with expire date=07 Nov 2008.

No, you cannot, for the simple reason that you are quite obviously totally confused about the permission to stay in Thailand you currently have and would most likely do the wrong thing.

You say you have a multiple-entry retirement visa. This would mean a multiple-entry non-O-A visa issued by a Thai consulate. However, if it was issued on 03 OCT 2007 it would be valid for travel to Thailand until 02 OCT 2008, but you say that it is has the expiry date 07 NOV 2008.

I know the terminology can be confusing sometimes and I think the best thing for you to do would be to scan and post the visa and the stamp in your passport that is your current permission to stay or alternatively post the text of those stamps word by word. This will let us see what you really have and advise you accordingly.

--

Maestro

... I have a retirement visa from 03 Oct 2007 with expire date=07 Nov 2008.

No, you cannot, for the simple reason that you are quite obviously totally confused about the permission to stay in Thailand you currently have and would most likely do the wrong thing.

You say you have a multiple-entry retirement visa. This would mean a multiple-entry non-O-A visa issued by a Thai consulate. However, if it was issued on 03 OCT 2007 it would be valid for travel to Thailand until 02 OCT 2008, but you say that it is has the expiry date 07 NOV 2008.

I know the terminology can be confusing sometimes and I think the best thing for you to do would be to scan and post the visa and the stamp in your passport that is your current permission to stay or alternatively post the text of those stamps word by word. This will let us see what you really have and advise you accordingly.

--

Maestro

Thank all for the answers.

I have a retirement visa obtained in Immigration Jomtien, see all the documents.

Pages_from_Visa_valid_until_11_2008.pdf

Thank all for the answers.

I have a retirement visa obtained in Immigration Jomtien, see all the documents.

Thanks for doing that.

You do not have a Visa.

You have an Extension of Stay based on Retirement.

About 3 weeks before 7th November you have to go back to Jontiem and apply for a new Extension of Stay.

The same as you did last year.

Note. You still have to do your 90 day report on 16th December.

That is the same as mine and I do not have a "Retirement Visa".

What I have is an extension of my permission to stay in Thailand based on retirement, I have a multi-entry O Visa.

How can you have both?

Not sure that I understand your comment, I have a multi entry O visa stamped in my passport, and I extended my permission to stay based on my retirement.

Isn't that the advice you have always given, or am I getting confused?

Not sure that I understand your comment, I have a multi entry O visa stamped in my passport, and I extended my permission to stay based on my retirement.

Isn't that the advice you have always given, or am I getting confused?

Yes OK. I was being a bit pedantic. The OP is confused enough already without nearly correct statements.

You originally had a Multi O Visa , that has now expired.

You now have an extension of your permission to stay.

Sorry if it looked like I was criticising you. Things come across differently when written down.

Hi, I have a retirement visa from 03 Oct 2007 with expire date=07 Nov 2008.

Up to me in this date I have to ask also for a new visa, BUT the lady on Immigration advise me I have to ask a new visa BEFORE 07 Nov 2008.

Can someone explain me the "15 month" all people speak about?

Thanks,

From the eyes of an uneducated and non-expert retired Expat---------

You need to renew your retirement status as the officer stated before 7 Nov.2008

The 90 day address report still must be done by 16 Dec 2008 as this has nothing to do with the retirement extension.

You were in the office reporting your 90 address on the TM47 and she even annotated that you need to renew the retirement extension before 7 Nov 2008 with a stamp in the upper left area. She even crossed out the word "visa" so you must already be on an extension.

I see you have a multi re-entry permit that is valid until 7 Nov 08 and that you departed the country on 26 Dec. 2007 but you do not show a copy of the arrival stamp as this will show how long you can stay. My guess is that it will show "admitted until" 7 Nov.2008. This is the date of your next renewal.

So if you put all this together I see that you need to renew your retirement status before 7 Nov.2008.

But as always I await the answers from the experts here as I am not even close to an expert on these confusing matters