Gunshots In Bantai?

Well, that is interesting, I live down the road a ways from there and heard what I thought were gunshots --3 or 4 of them, about 10 minutes before your post. Came out, asked hubby and he said it was most definitely somebody's crappy motorbike backfiring very very loudly.

what is a magazine gun? machine gun? just curious...

magazine clip. the gun was semi-automatic which means that after a shell is ejected another round is chambered immediately which is then ready for another shot as fast as you can pull the trigger. i counted 5 shots. it wasn't a backfire from a motorcycle because the sounds were the same "pop" noise every time. 3 quick shots then 2 follow up. I like to count shots so if I ever come across a situation I can estimate how many more rounds are left in the gun, however extended clips are available so you can't really judge. sounded like a 9mm by the short popping noise, but that can be hard to judge too depending on the size of the barrel.

You know, mrt273nva, I really don't want to know why you are in the habit of counting shots. Sounds scary :o

it's practical when you have lived in some of the areas i have lived in. it is also practical to be fully armed. i unfortunately have no self protection here except for rocks and kitchen knives. not wise to bring a knife to a gun fight. i keep my head down and stay unnoticed for the most part here.

edit: i wish i could spell

Edited by mrt273nva

You know, mrt273nva, I really don't want to know why you are in the habit of counting shots. Sounds scary :o

it's practical when you have lived in some of the areas i have lived in. it is also practical to be fully armed. i unfortunately have no self protection here except for rocks and kitchen knives. not wise to bring a knife to a gun fight. i keep my head down and stay unnoticed for the most part here.

edit: i wish i could spell

Edit - wish you could relax and chill also!

Edit - wish you could relax and chill also!

does relaxed while aware make sense to you at all? know your surroundings and you can chill. when angry thai men show up at a bar with weapons it makes it a bit more difficult to chill. i'm headed out for the night. supposedly there are only hollow threats on my life, so in the mean time I'm going to chill. When the gun shots start becoming drive-by shootings with fully automatic weapons with no care who is hit, then i'll worry. they got who they wanted this last time. wasn't me nor my problem. too bad that law enforcement on the island is the equivalent to western US in the 1800's. Thailand is a bit behind the times, but that is also what makes it great. good with the bad. i feel bad for the guy that was gunned down. more than likely he didn't deserve it and it could have been resolved with words. but this is the world we live in.

If anyone can confirm gunshots tonight in BanTai, Koh Phangan please let me know.

I own many firearms in the US and know the difference between fireworks and gun shots.

I heard 5 pistol shots in the lady bars area just about 5 minutes ago.

I confirm! The dead man is the Thaï owner of the Cherry's Bar (i'm not sure about my writing).

that's right he and his thai girlfriend are the owners of cherry's bar.

The story is that there where problems about a lady, but i know also that he owned 2 milion baht to some people for a longtime so that could also be a reason or not?

I don't know if the caught the guy who shot him, don't expect it but you never know

If anyone can confirm gunshots tonight in BanTai, Koh Phangan please let me know.

I own many firearms in the US and know the difference between fireworks and gun shots.

I heard 5 pistol shots in the lady bars area just about 5 minutes ago.

I confirm! The dead man is the Thaï owner of the Cherry's Bar (i'm not sure about my writing).

correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the cherry bar owned by a farang?

Agreed.

And until we get further confirmation from a verifiable news source, as per forum regulations set down by admin, I am closing this thread. Feel free to PM a mod or admin on duty if you have a news source