Non-immigrant O (marriage) Extension 90 Days After 1st Entry

Hi - I arrived in Thailand in mid-August this year on a Non-Immigrant O visa (based on marriage). This was stamped valid for 90 days on arrival. I intend to extend the visa annually (at Chiang Mai immigration) based on my wife's income. However, she's been out of Thailand for the past four years (she came back in August too) so has no tax record for this or previous years. My question is this: to extend a marriage visa from the initial 90 days to the full year, do we need to supply proof of income? I realise that after the first year, this proof is required annually but can it be required before then? If not, does anyone know what documents are required for my forthcoming trip to immigration (if they are different from the stand requirements)? Many thanks.

(Apologies if this is has been answered before but I've had a trawl through the forum and can't find an answer to this.)

I have seen no case mentioned where the evidence of income was waived for the first application for extension. For locally earned income the immigration officer is usually satisfied with tax receipts for the three months prior to application (the rules mention an average over a year)

--

Maestro