Jobs easy to find or not?

I am about to come over in 6weeks time and am thinking about just selling up & trying to find a job once I'm over in

Thailand, does anyone know how easy this is - I've got

relevant experience & qualifications within accountancy.

If so, what sort of money could I expect, or does anyone

know of any good agencies in BKK?

I am about to come over in 6weeks time and am thinking about just selling up & trying to find a job once I'm over in

Thailand, does anyone know how easy this is - I've got

relevant experience & qualifications within accountancy.

If so, what sort of money could I expect, or does anyone

know of any good agencies in BKK?

My experience would suggest that you will find it extremely difficult (read: "impossible") to find work with a bona-fide company plus work permit, working as an accountant. I tried to find a job as an IT professional.

Thai companies don't want to employ farang (foreigner) employees unless there is an extremely good reason. Also, you'll be hard pressed to find a job with an "international" company working here unless you can somehow secure that job from your home country. At least, that I what I think.

Most job advertisements specify "Thai nationals only", for others it is probably taken for granted. I applied via one agency and they were open enough to say they bin all applications from farangs. Apparently none of their clients want to employ a farang. I can't blame them, as there are plenty of well-educated Thais here who can speak good English. And then there are the differences in culture, language, cost (you expect much more), how long will you stay here, etc. If you really want to look for a job working in accountancy I suggest you avoid the agencies.

My advice is to consider a job teaching in Thailand. Assuming this is "the job for you" and you have a degree (anything will do) you WILL be able to find employment in Thailand. Teaching jobs are very easy to find. If you are a good teacher and you can find a good school, you will be a valued employee and have an interesting occupation. Salaries in Bangkok start at about 25,000 baht per month. I started on 30,000 plus a nice free apartment (some drawbacks, but that's another story...). I should get about 40,000+ next year. This is plenty enough if you live Thai-style but probably not enough if you want to live & eat as a westerner. For the record, I must save about 20,000 per month (from my salary here).

I hope this helps.