Hotel In Bkk With Full Ubc

MrBrick

After a savage row with the better (or worse, actual) half i find myself homeless as of yesterday.

I desperatley need to watch the Ruder Cup this weekend which I believe is on UBC True Sports 4. Most hotel have cable UBC but not ith full sports package. Any ideas where I could look?

Preferably no more than 2 to 2.5 thousand per night.

Many thanks

Can't help with the hotel but yes, local coverage is on TrueSport 4 on UBC, and starts at 19:00 Friday and Saturday nights, and 23:00 on Sunday. Maybe just identify 4 or 5 hotels in your desired neighborhood and price range and then call them directly to confirm TS4?

RYDER CUP 08

001: DAY 1

19-Sep-2008 19:00

002: DAY 2

20-Sep-2008 19:00

002: DAY 2

21-Sep-2008 14:00

003: FINAL DAY

21-Sep-2008 23:00

003: FINAL DAY

22-Sep-2008 18:00

Having stayed at many hotels in BKK of many different star levels, I can tell you that you will find it impossible to find a hotel with the full UBC line-up. As far as sports ESPN and Star Sports are the channels most carry. However you will find a TV in the bar of most hotels with the full line-up. You will just have wrestle the remote from whoever has it.

As for hotels: The Alexander Bangkok in Bangkapi 1100 a night and you will find a big screen TV in the lobby bar with the full UBC line-up. Then there is SC Park Hotel, same story, the lobby bar has the full line-up around 1700 a night last time I stayed there. Chaopraya Park Hotel 2400 a night ESPN and Star Sport in rooms, full line-up in bar.

Edited by gunnyd

To the OP, sincerely sorry for your domestic misfortune....

Speaking personally, I certainly like my sports...but...it's a bit hard for me to understand....

You've just had a major dust-up with your SO and that's led to you being out of your home.... And the thing you're worrying about is where to watch sports on TV????

This is how I would do it.

Find hotel near sukhumvit soi 30 ish.

Go to the irish pub and watch all the golf while having a good time chatting, eating and drinking.

Seem good to you ?

By the way, many hotels this area around 1500b a night.

Not sure this will work? While coverage started at 19:00 it went on for 11 1/2 hours, until 06:30 and am pretty sure this pub is not open all night?

BTW, the coverage is excellent on TrueSport 4. The U.S.A. leads Europe 5 1/2 to 2 1/2 after the first day of competition, which is actually quite shocking.

Speaking personally, I certainly like my sports...but...it's a bit hard for me to understand....

You've just had a major dust-up with your SO and that's led to you being out of your home.... And the thing you're worrying about is where to watch sports on TV????

My thoughts exactly!

My thoughts exactly!

Better that cutting her throat :o

Having stayed at many hotels in BKK of many different star levels, I can tell you that you will find it impossible to find a hotel with the full UBC line-up. As far as sports ESPN and Star Sports are the channels most carry. However you will find a TV in the bar of most hotels with the full line-up. You will just have wrestle the remote from whoever has it.

As for hotels: The Alexander Bangkok in Bangkapi 1100 a night and you will find a big screen TV in the lobby bar with the full UBC line-up. Then there is SC Park Hotel, same story, the lobby bar has the full line-up around 1700 a night last time I stayed there. Chaopraya Park Hotel 2400 a night ESPN and Star Sport in rooms, full line-up in bar.

Yup - thats whaty I have found. Even the top end hotels, which I would have splashed out on as a one off for this - dont have full UBC. I eventualy stayed at the Citi Chic which is a blinding hotel but they dont have full UBC. I was suprised and made up though that chanell 7 showed live coverage from around midnight but in typical Thai style, they stopped coverage last night at 5.45am with just 20 minutes remaining...... the last four ball went teed off on the 18th while the other four ball was finishing on the 18th green, and they stopped coverage in favour of a 15 minute 'song' with a picture of the Thai Flag on the screen. Madness.

This is how I would do it.

Find hotel near sukhumvit soi 30 ish.

Go to the irish pub and watch all the golf while having a good time chatting, eating and drinking.

Seem good to you ?

By the way, many hotels this area around 1500b a night.

If it wasnt for the time, I would do so. The problem is that most bars close at 1-2am and the gold dosent finish till around 6am. Not such a bright idea and anyway, i would end up getting pissed and missing most of the golf.

What else am I going to do? Wallow in self pitty all weekend, reflecting on the incredible speed and suprising athleticism in which my soon to be ex girlfriend of three years chased me around the house with a meat clever, intent on Ferang butchery.... in a lonley hotel room without the Ryder Cup....

Or...

Wallow in self pitty all weekend, reflecting on the incredible speed and suprising athleticism in which my soon to be ex girlfriend of three years chased me around the house with a meat clever, intent on Ferang butchery.... in a lonely hotel room with the Ryder Cup.....

Either way its a bloody missery of a weekend. I may aswell give myself a chance of some joy by watching something that I am glued to every two years. The Ryder Cup is a cracking event. No point in missing it owing to recent events.

Go Europe.

I was suprised and made up though that chanell 7 showed live coverage from around midnight but in typical Thai style, they stopped coverage last night at 5.45am with just 20 minutes remaining...... the last four ball went teed off on the 18th while the other four ball was finishing on the 18th green, and they stopped coverage in favour of a 15 minute 'song' with a picture of the Thai Flag on the screen. Madness.

It sounds as though there was coverage on one of the Thai broadcast channels? The coverage on TrueSport 4 has been absoultely brilliant. Excellent English commentary and no advertisements. The past two days they have had 100% coverage, from 7 PM until 6:45 AM. The last day's coverage starts tonight at 11:00 PM (12:00 Noon in Louisville, first pair tees off at 12:03 PM local time). The USA leads Europe 9:7. I think the USA needs at least 5 1/2 points to re-possess the trophy while Europe needs 7 points to retain the trophy given that a tie of 14:14 results in the current holder of the trophy retaining possession. My quick handicap of the matches leads me to believe that Europe will retain the trophy as the rookie inexperience on the USA side will come to the fore in one-on-one match play.

Sunday's Singles Pairings Set (Eastern Standard Time)

12:03 PM: Kim (USA) vs. Garcia (EUR)

12:14 PM: Mahan (USA) vs. Casey (EUR)

12:25 PM: Leonard (USA) vs. Karlsson (EUR)

12:36 PM: Mickelson (USA) vs. Rose (EUR)

12:47 PM: Perry (USA) vs. Stenson (EUR)

12:58 PM: Weekley (USA) vs. WIlson (EUR)

1:09 PM: Holmes (USA) vs. Hansen (EUR)

1:20 PM: Furyk (USA) vs. Jimenez (EUR)

1:31 PM: Cink (USA) vs. McDowell (EUR)

1:42 PM: Stricker (USA) vs. Poulter (EUR)

1:53 PM: Curtis (USA) vs. Westwood (EUR)

2:04 PM: Campbell vs. Harrington (EUR)

Well... now that you mention the meat cleaver being involved.... it's kind of hard to argue with your logic here... :o

I came back an hour ago. Caught the second half of Man U Vs Chavski and now settled in waiting for the golf. I preferd the meat clever.... nothing is worse than the complete silent treatment which I am suffering now. Hopefully soon she will bugger off to bed and leave me in peace to watch the European lads claw back through the singles, which they will.

Better wear a cricket protector when you go home.

Her aim isnt that specific or thought out - its a simple 'swing for the stands' jobby. Steel slicing flesh, regardless of body area, will suffice im sure.

I was suprised and made up though that chanell 7 showed live coverage from around midnight but in typical Thai style, they stopped coverage last night at 5.45am with just 20 minutes remaining...... the last four ball went teed off on the 18th while the other four ball was finishing on the 18th green, and they stopped coverage in favour of a 15 minute 'song' with a picture of the Thai Flag on the screen. Madness.

It sounds as though there was coverage on one of the Thai broadcast channels? The coverage on TrueSport 4 has been absoultely brilliant. Excellent English commentary and no advertisements. The past two days they have had 100% coverage, from 7 PM until 6:45 AM. The last day's coverage starts tonight at 11:00 PM (12:00 Noon in Louisville, first pair tees off at 12:03 PM local time). The USA leads Europe 9:7. I think the USA needs at least 5 1/2 points to re-possess the trophy while Europe needs 7 points to retain the trophy given that a tie of 14:14 results in the current holder of the trophy retaining possession. My quick handicap of the matches leads me to believe that Europe will retain the trophy as the rookie inexperience on the USA side will come to the fore in one-on-one match play.

Sunday's Singles Pairings Set (Eastern Standard Time)

12:03 PM: Kim (USA) vs. Garcia (EUR)

12:14 PM: Mahan (USA) vs. Casey (EUR)

12:25 PM: Leonard (USA) vs. Karlsson (EUR)

12:36 PM: Mickelson (USA) vs. Rose (EUR)

12:47 PM: Perry (USA) vs. Stenson (EUR)

12:58 PM: Weekley (USA) vs. WIlson (EUR)

1:09 PM: Holmes (USA) vs. Hansen (EUR)

1:20 PM: Furyk (USA) vs. Jimenez (EUR)

1:31 PM: Cink (USA) vs. McDowell (EUR)

1:42 PM: Stricker (USA) vs. Poulter (EUR)

1:53 PM: Curtis (USA) vs. Westwood (EUR)

2:04 PM: Campbell vs. Harrington (EUR)

Yup, coverage on 7. I was happily suprised but obviously its not the same as English language coverage. The Thai commentary consists largely of;

"Hoo Hoo Hoo, Sawoooooy!" every 30 seconds, regardless of how good or bad the shot was. Im happy to be back home infont of my 42 inch LCD with real coverage.

What about Ian Poulter eh? The contraversal wild card has one 3 matches. Im chuffed for him. Anyway, I agree.... I think Europeans will catch up the lead today and then win it by 2 or 3 points. I fully expect USA to buckle and the Europeans to hold a steady nerve.

Well Team U.S.A. took the meat cleaver to the European side in what has to be one of the most surprising outcomes in this event in recent memory.

Congratulations to the U.S.A. side on wresting the Ryder Cup back from the Europeans in a huge upset. Team U.S.A. crushed the European side 16 1/2 to 11 1/2, well done.

So much for my handicapping abilities! This is why I don't gamble on sporting events.

Yup, congrats to them. A deserved win and there captain did a great job planning in advance for this and getting the fans behind them. I suppose for the cup's sake, USA need to win it occasionaly otherwise it would be one sided.

To be fair - they stuffed us. They played better and had a better attitude. Fair play to them.

I suppose for the cup's sake, USA need to win it occasionaly otherwise it would be one sided.

Not sure what your perspective is? The USA leads this biennial event 25:10 (with 2 ties) so I guess that qualifies as one-sided? Certainly since the format was expanded from just UK players to all European players the "other side" has outperformed the USA side, which is what one would expect.

Edited by lomatopo