Reversing Sensors

Governor

I don't think you will need one for a Jazz.

The car is pretty small and easy to look around and outside of.

If you do get one the sensor don't work 100% all the time, usually giving false signals if not installed and adjusted properly. The angle and distance of the two sensors from the pavement is really important.

After awhile you become to dependent on them and don't even bother to look back while reversing which is really dangerous.

If you still want one have the dealer install them for you because they will service the warranty if any problem which there will be better than some independant shop.

I think its best to save your money.

Think the sensors must help...

Noticed a new Jazz earlier this week with them fitted, the rear was perfect, front both corners were scratched and dented as were all 4 door, nearside mirror was missing and it still had red plates on.....

The driver a Thai lady pulled out the the parking place in front of me with a mobile to her ear and added another dent to her front wing when the motorbike was unable to stop in time

I got mine free when I bought mine from the dealer. But, really, it's kind of overkill on a little car like that. You really don't need them at all. It's not like backing up a long pickup or SUV is it, and the visibility out the rear window is good.

So all the Jazz's u see in Thailand are immaculate with no rear damage to bumpers? in my opinion most people in Thailand/ the world, CANT drive to save their lives, one generation off from a buffalo cart no doubt. I like to go out with one of my wifes friends who ALWAYS manages when parking to hit kerbs and other cars and she HAS the parking sensors!!!! Now can u see why? Maybe next time your car is parked up some place and my wifes friend is parking next to you it might save your car "some" damage :o

Read those "spatial" awareness studies lately? women dont do so well.

I got mine free when I bought mine from the dealer. But, really, it's kind of overkill on a little car like that. You really don't need them at all. It's not like backing up a long pickup or SUV is it, and the visibility out the rear window is good.

Scenario 1, small child, driveway, middle of car, can u see them?

So all the Jazz's u see in Thailand are immaculate with no rear damage to bumpers? in my opinion most people in Thailand/ the world, CANT drive to save their lives, one generation off from a buffalo cart no doubt. I like to go out with one of my wifes friends who ALWAYS manages when parking to hit kerbs and other cars and she HAS the parking sensors!!!! Now can u see why? Maybe next time your car is parked up some place and my wifes friend is parking next to you it might save your car "some" damage :o

Read those "spatial" awareness studies lately? women dont do so well.

"Read those "spatial" awareness studies lately? women dont do so well."

The only reason women find parking difficult is that men keep telling them that something is 8 inches long when in fact it is only 4!

• 4 months later...