First Visit To Kamala

StevieH

hey, will be making my first visit to kamala beach in a couple of weeks' time, can anyone advise decent bars and restaurants that are worth a look please? oh, and i've clocked the drink-driving thing so it'll be taxis everywhere as opposed to drunken scooter riding. cheers.

hey, will be making my first visit to kamala beach in a couple of weeks' time, can anyone advise decent bars and restaurants that are worth a look please? oh, and i've clocked the drink-driving thing so it'll be taxis everywhere as opposed to drunken scooter riding. cheers.

Hi Stevie,

can I ask why you booked into Kamala?

The main road through town has been a non-stop dirty construction road since the Tsunami (2004!). Yes, one poster listed some o.k. bars, but they are not on the beach and the girls are leftovers who could not cut it with the competition in Patong. The couple of o.k. restaurants I know of, have dropped significantly in quality due to lack of customers/business.

The one little oasis, and at the nicer end of the beach is Baan Mai, just in front of the new Marriott. Fred the manager is a great guy,cool little bar, nice pool and across the street, the nicer part of Kamala beach.

Otherwise head north to Surin and Bangtao. The food in the restaurants at the beach in Surin beats anything Kamala has to offer.