Housing In Kata Or Karon

dbTraveler

I am already in Phuket and I am looking for an apartment or house in Kata or Karon for 6 months or more... with cable or satilite and internet access.

I am looking to spend between 10,000 - 12,000 baht.

If anyone has any information, it would be much appreciated!

You can send me a message or just post your reply.

Thank you in advanced,

David

I am already in Phuket and I am looking for an apartment or house in Kata or Karon for 6 months or more... with cable or satilite and internet access.

I am looking to spend between 10,000 - 12,000 baht.

If anyone has any information, it would be much appreciated!

You can send me a message or just post your reply.

Thank you in advanced,

David

Hi David,

on the backroad in Kata, the road heading toward Kata hill when leaving.....lets say Kata Beach Resort (?), there are a couple of new guesthouses with wifi and all that have monthly rates and when you get past those there are some bungalow houses for rent also. I don't think you would have internet there but maybe....

I had no idea out beloved island has fallen so much....

Good luck.

Not sure where you are coming from but I rent a perfectly fine two level, two bedroom, patio, house for 12,000.

"I had no idea out beloved island has fallen so much...." what a load of B.S., maybe you live in the Laguna area?

If you go down the road at the side of the entrance to Karon Temple, you'll find a number of houses/bungalows for rent at the sort of price you are talking about. You will need a bike or car up there. Don't leave it too late to start looking as these places get snapped up in October/November.

Not sure you'll get internet.

If you go down the road at the side of the entrance to Karon Temple, you'll find a number of houses/bungalows for rent at the sort of price you are talking about. You will need a bike or car up there. Don't leave it too late to start looking as these places get snapped up in October/November.

No you won't get internet or cable TV or even a TV in that area. And the cheaper monthly rates (12,000 baht) are based on a full year rental, usually up front. You'll pay a lot more during the high season, and a lot lot more for your specs in the Karon/Kata area for the high season months. Suggest a serviced studio in the Chalong area for your target price.

Good luck.

Not sure where you are coming from but I rent a perfectly fine two level, two bedroom, patio, house for 12,000.

"I had no idea out beloved island has fallen so much...." what a load of B.S., maybe you live in the Laguna area?

Having a house made of concrete with the leveling all wrong with absolutely nothing but concrete is not fine for most people..

but whatever floats your boat

No you won't get internet or cable TV or even a TV in that area. And the cheaper monthly rates (12,000 baht) are based on a full year rental, usually up front. You'll pay a lot more during the high season, and a lot lot more for your specs in the Karon/Kata area for the high season months. Suggest a serviced studio in the Chalong area for your target price.

There is cable TV available (60+ channels) on all the roads behind Karon Temple, easy to get connected; plus phone lines with nice fast ASDL.

Prices start upwards of 8,000 pcm for one year contracts.

Good luck.

As a matter of fact I do...

Reading other responses shows I was wright. No matter what, Phuket is terrific place and don't deserve to be put in same property rental category as Bangladesh.

As a matter of fact I do...
Then please post about the Laguna area, and not about areas you obviously know nothing about.

Take a chill pill dude...the topic IS about Kata/Karon not Laguna, right? Even 7 year old would figure that by now. If something else bothers you keep personal frustrations off this forum.

I sent two people up to the roads behind Karon Temple last season and both got reasonable accommodation for a few months (not an annual contract) within your price range.

It's worth a look.

Good luck.

Having a house made of concrete with the leveling all wrong with absolutely nothing but concrete is not fine for most people..

another winning post from the little goat. How do you know what the house looks like or is made of? You are a psychotic, yes? (Freudian slip purposely done)

Back on topic, there are plenty of places around at 12,000thb per month you just have to do a little searching and bargain down the people after 14,000.

Good luck.

another winning post from the little goat. How do you know what the house looks like or is made of? You are a psychotic, yes? (Freudian slip purposely done)

Back on topic, there are plenty of places around at 12,000thb per month you just have to do a little searching and bargain down the people after 14,000.

the fact that you live in a hole that many thai farmers would refuse to touch kind of explains most of your pathetic posts.

Poor envious people are always trying to be sarcastic funny but failing miserably at it.

How can a old guy like you be so poor that he cannot live in a decent built house in a third world country?

If i was older(22 now) and living in some place like that, i would really feel i failed in life.... seriously the ex-inmates that walk the streets and give people publicity make enough money to live with more class.

the fact that you live in a hole that many thai farmers would refuse to touch kind of explains most of your pathetic posts.

Poor envious people are always trying to be sarcastic funny but failing miserably at it.

How can a old guy like you be so poor that he cannot live in a decent built house in a third world country?

If i was older(22 now) and living in some place like that, i would really feel i failed in life.... seriously the ex-inmates that walk the streets and give people publicity make enough money to live with more class.

Spot on petitechevre, you nailed it. Envy among some 40-60 year old farang residents is so obvious.....

If you want to live in third world paradise then live in style, buy decent house, car, maybe even a boat. How many times I felt embarassed being a farang upon seeing them arguing with Thai vendors over 10-20 baht in price difference for bear or plate of fried rice. :o

Good luck.

You're only 22?! And you spend so much time posting nasty vitriolic posts on an expat website?

i work on the computer, making fun of losers who try to up themselves but live in shithole just makes my day better.

i also have more than 1 computer so wherever i am theres a laptop here, not an inconveniant to type thaivisa and reply to those guys...

i really wnana see a reply from the guy who's kid is 100% thai, thats REALLY rockbottom.

This kid's bitter and twisted because he knocked up a Thai girl, had a kid, and doesn't have the money to get her back to his home country. I think he really should start to think about going back, for everyone's sake. :o

Bitter and twisted perhaps, but more unforgivably with a totally unfounded belief in his own intelligence! His postings prove otherwise. I think it's best to ignore him, but accept that it's v difficult at times!

i work on the computer, making fun of losers who try to up themselves but live in shithole just makes my day better.

i also have more than 1 computer so wherever i am theres a laptop here, not an inconveniant to type thaivisa and reply to those guys...

i really wnana see a reply from the guy who's kid is 100% thai, thats REALLY rockbottom.

Not reassuring to know we have geniuses like this guy living amongst us.............

I believe I sent you a PM. My landlord has units that meet your requirements and some of them with a sea view. He is a fair guy and his rent prices are too. PM for more details