Winsoft V.92 Pci Modem

lungbing

The title says it all really.

I have just installed a Win Soft V.92 PCI Modem and the speaker no longer makes a sound when dialling as did my old one, and I like the re-assurance of the sound .

The new modem 's manual says set M=1 to turn the speaker on until connection but where do I add this command?

Any help gratefully received. The modem works fine as installed.

Thanks Melus, but I am using Windoze ME and the speaker volume is already on full because I could clearly hear the dialling and 'handshaking' with my old modem.

The new modem's manual gives me the command to use but doesn't name the command file to put the command in. It seems to assume you are putting the commands in manually !

Where is the command file I need to alter or can I add additional commands somewhere before dialling takes place?

Lung Bing

lungbing - Your new modem may not have a speaker mounted on the modem board itself.

Check the modem (where the phone lines are plugged in) and look for a either a picture or label indicating "Speaker" or "Audio Output". If you see this, you'll need to run a short cable (with duplicate jacks at each end) between the modems "speaker output" jack and your main computers "audio input" jack.

Check your computers manual for additional details and diagrams.

If you still have problems, post back giving complete details (make. model, etc.) of BOTH your compter and the new modem.

good luck