Libya 115

Boater

He's missing? Be grateful for small mercies! :D

I'm sooo tired of his monopolization of this sub-forum, which would probably not even exist if he did not insist on filling the Pattaya with his incessant "bad news".

Stay away, libya, unless you want to post like a "normal" :o poster.

Easy for you to say, uncle. I see you stay in Phuket and probably enjoy the schadenfreud(sp?) of watching him present a one-sided -bad news- view of our town day after day after day.

If he was inclined to spend way too much time collecting every piece of bad press, no matter how trivial, about Phuket and then filling your Phuket forum with it, I wonder how much you would appreciate "lib".

As a matter of fact, why don't you invite him to do just that. He might do it for a fan but he ignores my every attempt to tell him to <deleted> off and get a life! :o

I have always thought that Libya 115's posts brought a bit of reality to the Pattaya thread. Come back Libs. And I wonder what bit of bloody mayhem you might have to report this time ?... :o

Here Here, I'll second that hurry back Libs. and if you could make the Samui Forum a bit more life like that would be great

So Phuket, Samui and Bangkok members have expressed an interest in Libya-style 'news' forum for their respective domiciles. I for one volunteer to help Libya pack. I am sure he's going to a good home but be sure you really want him and take care of him. Please don't treat him like another 'Christmas puppy' or he may turn around and bite your arse.

Careful what you wish for Boater... it's not just a job, it's a commitment. Just ask Libya.

I've a feeling that we haven't seen the last of Libya. Gotham Pattaya needs its hero, to cleanwrite up its scum story's, and Batman Libya is our hero. Where ever there are story's of murder, rape, buggery and suicide we will find Libya at work. Where ever the people need to know the truth behind the rape, soddomy, muggings, suicides, murder, rape and buggery the people will have Libya to report on those things already mentioned. I for one will rest easier at night when Libya is back on his beat. Horrah! :o

libya115 is but one in a long string of members that have kept this forum going. Scroll back through the old pages and see who used to do this (you may be surprised).

But it does seem for some reason that he gets more flack for doing this than any of the previous posters. He's taken a "leave of absence" before because of the abuse some people liked to feed him.

What amazes me is the number of people that crap on him for posting these news stories, yet they keep coming in here and reading them. Please, if someone is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to look at this forum all the time, ask that person to squeeze the trigger. Do the rest of us a favour.

Or, if it's really that important to you, POST SOME "GOOD" ARTICLES YOURSELF instead of posting CRAP about others.

Oh, I forgot. That would take effort. Much easier to criticise others than do something yourself. :o

Correct! It takes TIME and effort.

But if it takes all that effort to surf the 'net for negative news, wouldn't it be nice (and just as easy) to also post some of the positives? Despite the efforts of Libya to portray otherwise, there are LOADS of positives in Pattaya. Otherwise there wouldn't be such a friendly bunch of posters with rose-tinted glasses here would there? There's absolutely NO value in copying and pasting from news websites on an internet forum; if a punter can navigate to TV, he can probably surf direct to the sources being posted. I still reckon he was a jilted 'News of the World' hack where printing of sensational sounding headlines got the readers in, just to find the same potted stories culled from the newswires of AP, Reuters, etc..

So take a well-earned break Libya, you are one of TV's most valued contributors after all.

Correct! It takes TIME and effort.

But if it takes all that effort to surf the 'net for negative news, wouldn't it be nice (and just as easy) to also post some of the positives? Despite the efforts of Libya to portray otherwise, there are LOADS of positives in Pattaya.

True enough, and I've tried to use that point in other discussions where people seem to think only bad stuff ever happens in Pattaya.

Problem is, when good news stories are posted, nobody cares. I know. We've tried it just to see what would happen.

Bad news gets looked at and commented on far more than the good news, and the good ones quickly fall back to page 2 or 3 and are forgotten, while everyone comments on the latest crime or tragedy.

People only seem to care about good news if it involves them (usually as the receivers of the good news). But it seems far more people like to see/read/comment on bad things that happen to other people.

There's absolutely NO value in copying and pasting from news websites on an internet forum; if a punter can navigate to TV, he can probably surf direct to the sources being posted.

Sounds pretty easy, doesn't it ? I do it all the time. Got bookmarks for most, if not all the local rags, the Nation, BP, CNN, Faux, etc.

But take into consideration that for some people (it seems), merely getting to TV and making a post taxes their computer skills to the limit. Having to navigate to a whole other site ?!?!? :o

(It comes back to that whole "effort" thing again)

Besides, the News Clippings forum is kind of a "One Stop Shop". Instead of surfing to 3-4 different local rags and seeing the different versions of the same stories, you can get all the bad news right here ! :D

(Note: Woke up 45 minutes ago and have already read 4 different online news sites (International), 2 more to go then I can move on to other things.)

You Brits have have been brainwashed by some having some of the worst print media in the world. Sleazy and sensationalist.

News of the World. The Sun etc..

Leave it there. Don't bring it here. :D

I still read the Sun every day here :D .... good source of the crap happening back home

Dont forget the Daily Sport - quality journalisim :o:D

on par with The Nation maybe.... lol

I spoke to Libya tonight. He has quit TV due to, in his opinion, unfair hassle from the Mods including deleted posts. So, after 2666 posts he has called it a day. I for one hope that he changes his mind in a while and comes back.

Not venturing an opinion either way but, in my book, it is better to 'fight' from within rather than walk away.

I spoke to Libya tonight. He has quit TV due to, in his opinion, unfair hassle from the Mods including deleted posts. So, after 2666 posts he has called it a day. I for one hope that he changes his mind in a while and comes back.

Hurrah! Hurrah! Hurrah! The arrogance of the man was unbearable!

You Brits have have been brainwashed by some having some of the worst print media in the world. Sleazy and sensationalist.

News of the World. The Sun etc..

Leave it there. Don't bring it here. :o

Crap

The Guardian, The Independent, The Observer, the Times, The Sunday Times, The Daily Telegraph and Sunday Telegraph.